some questions on a mild 7.3 build

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
A I don't have the cash right now and b they haven't blown yet so I'm not worried about them. What I should have said is I'm not doing them this year and if they blow they blow I will be doing them the year after.

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
7.3 hg are not multi layer steel like 6.0s when the blow the mess **** up and new gaskets are not very strong until they are "seasoned". That is just retarded if yours are not blown then do studs you will be much better off and save yourself a lot of money

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
The 7.3 hg are just a 1/16" thick piece of steel aren't they? Looks like a fairly thick.hunk of metal to me.

Rubyred

Reaction score
I'd do some unlimited hybrids 250/100's and d66. With a good aero motive fuel system. That should make good power and be stock appearing. I'd steer clear of anything sniper though. There is lots of reputable injector builders.

Then I'd have some gearhead tunes put on ur ts chip. Throw studs valve springs and pushrods in it. Also a dual disk clutch. And an srp1 oil pump.

I agree Ive heard the D66 is a good turbo for 94-97 7.3s. big injectors, Regulated fuel system, good tuning would make a fun reliable truck. and obviously tranny work.

Rubyred

Reaction score
I plan to get my injectors through Rosewood. I called and he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. reasonably priced

JD3020

Reaction score
I agree Ive heard the D66 is a good turbo for 94-97 7.3s. big injectors, Regulated fuel system, good tuning would make a fun reliable truck. and obviously tranny work.

Thats actually my set-up right now. Fuel system, 250/200%'s, cast D66, and a stock HPOP. I tow the pants off this thing and its not a bad set-up at all, i've put 4k miles on this winter with it loaded down and no complaints. BUT, for the cost of the D66 i'm not overly impressed with it. I can't wait to get it off and get a real turbo on.

Latest posts

Members online