Spar<>tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
you guys feel free to contact me directly with your issues. lately people haven't been being replied to or responded to , so we will take over the customer service to the best of our ability. everybody deserves a great driving truck for what you spent .

This is why Mike is the man, goes out of his way to help everyone. :D

Jomax

Reaction score
I just got a Ngauge the other day and I am running the 600warhammer x beta. Man, honestly to me the shifting isnt was I was hoping for after reading this thread and saw how hyped up people were about it. Posts on here said that when they shift " it just clicks" into the gears. Mines more like a thump. I have only put 150 miles on the tune so Im sure its not fully relearned yet. I will say it is 100 times better than the first day or 2. Wow it was bad. Im hoping it gets better and I can experience the clicking thru the gears other people have.
Also I noticed when im accelerating then take my foot off the throttle it falls on its asss. Idk hard to explain its a weird feeling that I did not have with my GH tunes

Told you so. LOL

Had to, JRLott made me from his post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
In before Jomax says he told you so...LOL.

Seriously, I hope CAT is right and gets happy for you in a few miles.

Im just not sure why mine could be so perfect and others not. That's out of my control.

Mine was rough at first. And it shifted hard. Now it has 7800 miles on it and it's a dream machine.

Do you really expect the transmission to learn shift habits in 100 miles? And out of that 100 miles how many times did the trans get to shift?

What learning process have you put it through to help it along the way? 0-100mph runs with soft medium and hard accelerations?

TexAg56

Reaction score
As soon as i tune it i do 3 runs 0-70. Each time increasing throttle. On the 30 mile drive to and from work i see hwy and 2 towns so its seeing everything. It def is shifting better than day 1 but still not what I expected. Hopefully it just keeps getting better!
Also on the hwy I have gotten up to high speeds so the truck has seen plenty of different speeds and shifts. I guess my concearn was that my truck has never been like this anytime it has ever had to relearn. At first you could feel every shift in every gear and it felt like a thump and you feel the truck lunge forward. Best way I could explain it. Now I just made the 30 mile drive home and the shifting is much better at light throttle but once you get into at all it is still a bit sketchy. Hopefully by the end of the week I get to have those shift everyone talks about lol. If its not better in a week or so I think I may re-tune it and see of that helps. Any time I drive the truck I try to accelerate faster and slowe and dif speeds to show the trans multiple scenarios to help it learn. I have noticed that while driving the shifting stays the same no matter what until I get home and turn it off. Then the next day when I start it up it gets a lil better so far each day. Ill keep yall posted

drservo

Reaction score
Man I don't know if its differences in trucks or what mine has always shifted perfect as soon as I load the tunes and have never done a relearn. I have traction bars an know that helps a ton but you can barely feel it shifting and has never slammed or shifted hard. Also never falls on its face but I believe Spartin has it designed with no pedal dampening that might be what you are feeling when letting off the pedal, completely different feeling from Gerhead tunes.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It does make me wonder why such a difference. Mine has shifted practically perfect from day one.

I've read of and heard it some new trucks having solenoid issues from the factory.

I hope our good reports on spart-on tuning have not steered you wrong. I'm certainly not a salesperson for them. Maybe see about a refund or sell it and try ppei?

drservo

Reaction score
It does make me wonder why such a difference. Mine has shifted practically perfect from day one.

I've read of and heard it some new trucks having solenoid issues from the factory.

I hope our good reports on spart-on tuning have not steered you wrong. I'm certainly not a salesperson for them. Maybe see about a refund or sell it and try ppei?

DON"T mention refund, he bought from me :doh:

JRLott

Reaction score
I honestly think it has more to do with these trucks, specifically the trans, being finicky fvcks. One doesn't like Spar as well as GH. Another vice versa. There's the guy from San Antonio that just lowered his truck to pull his fifth wheel who has hated his shifting and I'm fairly sure he has GH. Between the trucks being picky and ourselves...

I have IDP, so have no first hand experience with GH or Spar, but I have occasionally loaded a tune and reloaded very shortly due to shifting. Sometimes same tune. Sometimes swap. Couple crappy shifts and I'll try again. Usually helps. Could be purely psychological.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Lol dont worry drservo were all good! Each day its getting better and better so hopefully it just keeps doing that! Just weird and a bit scary. Ive never heard my trans squeel until a few days ago. Tripped me out! Ill give it some time and if it doesnt getter better I will try some of the other tunes and see if my truck likes them better than the warhammer. I agree I think all these trucks respond to certain tuning completely different than others. Thats gotta be a pain in ass for tuners!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If it helps any my trans squealed once on the tune when initially loaded. Now, With nearly 6k miles on the tune now I can floor board it to one hundred mph and whatever is way past 100 and it never skip a single beat.

This is part of the reason I have not loaded the rasiedshiftpoint Warhammer tune. I can't get over how clean it shifts.

Now with that said I could definitely stand to have traction bars installed.

TexAg56

Reaction score
On a side note I am working a pretty cool little mount for the Ngauge(well about as cool as these ugly little guys can get lol). I just posted pics of it on the FB page if anyone is interested in doing something like that

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I will say absolute performance has a very nice mount for them and the edge cts2. It's very clean setup on the a-pillar

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My apologies for being a little hard to find as of late. I've been running behind in database updates and custom tunes, and haven't been available here as much as I have been in previous months.

Sadly, most of my time for the past 30 days has been consumed with a company engagement with EPA. A few of you have probably picked up on these rumors.

Myself and Jeff will be putting in some extra hours to get caught up with everyone, so if you are waiting on anything from us, we will be getting back to you as soon a possible. My apologies again to anyone who has been waiting.

cappa

Reaction score
That's not good, hope it all works out for you guys. I am definately loving the product. I am still on qr for what is worth and once the initial relearn was over my truck had shifted better than stock in my opinion. No traction bars yet but I'm still at stock height.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My apologies for being a little hard to find as of late. I've been running behind in database updates and custom tunes, and haven't been available here as much as I have been in previous months.

Sadly, most of my time for the past 30 days has been consumed with a company engagement with EPA. A few of you have probably picked up on these rumors.

Myself and Jeff will be putting in some extra hours to get caught up with everyone, so if you are waiting on anything from us, we will be getting back to you as soon a possible. My apologies again to anyone who has been waiting.

Man I hate to hear that. I know first hand they are on an all out witch hunt.

But here is the deal.... it's global!!! We have not even seen the beginning of it yet....

Latest posts

Members online