Spar<>tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

Jomax

Reaction score
It does make me wonder why such a difference. Mine has shifted practically perfect from day one.

I've read of and heard it some new trucks having solenoid issues from the factory.

I hope our good reports on spart-on tuning have not steered you wrong. I'm certainly not a salesperson for them. Maybe see about a refund or sell it and try ppei?

I don't think he's that mad. They are far from bad tunes, they are great tunes IMO . I just give him a hard time...

Plus it's a bit sad the support isn't super good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexAg56

Reaction score
Im not mad at all Jomax! I see the reputation sprtn has and I know its just a matter of time until I get it all right!

For an update. Have about 300 miles on the tune. As far as just normal driving, it is night and day so much better! Shifts pretty good just driving it without rippin thru the gears.

However what is taking the longest for my trans to learn is the downshifting. If I am cruising about 50mph or so and punch it, it lets out a good squeel on the down shift. I honestly think the only way its going to get better is if I keep doing 50mph punches every now and then to let the trans see this downshift more and adapt to it. (Let me know if this is a bad idea please!). Its just a little scary making my trans squeel on purpose. I usually do it 1 or 2 times on my 30mile drive to work.

So its getting better! Apparently my trans is just a dumbass and not a quick learner lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Try doing a full run in tow haul. That seemed to really help the characteristics of my "learning".

Jomax

Reaction score
Im not mad at all Jomax! I see the reputation sprtn has and I know its just a matter of time until I get it all right!

For an update. Have about 300 miles on the tune. As far as just normal driving, it is night and day so much better! Shifts pretty good just driving it without rippin thru the gears.

However what is taking the longest for my trans to learn is the downshifting. If I am cruising about 50mph or so and punch it, it lets out a good squeel on the down shift. I honestly think the only way its going to get better is if I keep doing 50mph punches every now and then to let the trans see this downshift more and adapt to it. (Let me know if this is a bad idea please!). Its just a little scary making my trans squeel on purpose. I usually do it 1 or 2 times on my 30mile drive to work.

So its getting better! Apparently my trans is just a dumbass and not a quick learner lol

I should've said "I don't think he's mad". I knew you weren't lol. Glad it's shifting better! I'll be honest though. Squealing would freak me out.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I should've said "I don't think he's mad". I knew you weren't lol. Glad it's shifting better! I'll be honest though. Squealing would freak me out.

After mine squealed the first time I did NOT go wot for like 500 miles. Then when I went back WOT after that it never squealed again.

Granite this is on a brand new truck. Something literally just changed when the truck went past 5k miles. Like a whole new beast! All my boost came up to 35+ like the rest of the guys... ect ect. Fuel mileage went up.

I don't get it but it is what it is.

Jomax

Reaction score
After mine squealed the first time I did NOT go wot for like 500 miles. Then when I went back WOT after that it never squealed again.

Granite this is on a brand new truck. Something literally just changed when the truck went past 5k miles. Like a whole new beast! All my boost came up to 35+ like the rest of the guys... ect ect. Fuel mileage went up.

I don't get it but it is what it is.

That is weird lol. Glad it's working perfect, I guess there's no exact same truck.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
So what's up SPARTACUS.

Ppei and Tyrant both have exhaust brake functioning. Very low smoke with 600hp and no retarded p2074 code every day?

You guys busy?

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Spar&lt;&gt;tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

And posting in other threads but not this one. I'm getting code every 100 miles or less along with **** cold shifting.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Guys, please refer to post #275 of this thread.

Regarding my thread post, that's regarding my work with E-Motion Products on getting the nGauge and nDash working properly.

We will get the tuning issues resolved. I know CEL's are annoying, but you're not losing any performance because of it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Guys, please refer to post #275 of this thread.

Regarding my thread post, that's regarding my work with E-Motion Products on getting the nGauge and nDash working properly.

We will get the tuning issues resolved. I know CEL's are annoying, but you're not losing any performance because of it.

I got that. And responded to that #275.

Just seeing if you guys even picked up the p2074 issue. I realize its not a performance issues but it's hard to be comfortable if that is the same code or possibly a new one for another reason.

I do hope your outcome with the EPA IS favorable for you guys and us.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I got that. And responded to that #275.

Just seeing if you guys even picked up the p2074 issue. I realize its not a performance issues but it's hard to be comfortable if that is the same code or possibly a new one for another reason.

I do hope your outcome with the EPA IS favorable for you guys and us.

We are aware of P2074 with 5" intakes and it will be remedied in a future update.

Thank you.

cappa

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their ndash losing signals after running for a while? Yes i have checked the cables and they are all seated and tight. It will still read torque converter slip some times but all the other values disappeared like the truck was shut off. The only way to get it to come back on is to shut the truck off and wait till all power is off then restart the truck. Once it is restarted it will usually run fine for hours till the truck is shut off. It only does this one in a while, usually it is good thou, just wanted to check if i was the only one.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their ndash losing signals after running for a while? Yes i have checked the cables and they are all seated and tight. It will still read torque converter slip some times but all the other values disappeared like the truck was shut off. The only way to get it to come back on is to shut the truck off and wait till all power is off then restart the truck. Once it is restarted it will usually run fine for hours till the truck is shut off. It only does this one in a while, usually it is good thou, just wanted to check if i was the only one.

Quick question.

Does this occur after a remote key start and then run position or with regular starting with key in ignition?

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Seems like there were a couple of us with cold shifting issues. Is this something on your radar?

cappa

Reaction score
I know it has done it for sure with a key only start. It usually happens randomly thou. Ie 15 to 60min or so of driving.

SoFlA6.7

Reaction score
Roughly when do you think the updated tunes will be released? Is the Ngauge getting an update aswell?

TexAg56

Reaction score
Update if anyone cares lol.

I talked to jeff on FB and he said it would definitely be a good idea to reload the tune as SOMETIMES switching from another device over to sprtn could cause issues like I was having. I reloaded the tune and have put about 200 miles on since then and it is shifting SO much better!

Before I reloaded the tune the shifting actually started feeling really good but I would always get a squeal or bark when going from 3-4 when really getting on it. It looks like my problem is clearing up and that makes me so happy!! Lol. Thanks for the replies and advice brothas

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.