Spar<>tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

dawashi

Reaction score
Haven't even tried the 600 tune yet...but with this update and the reviews I might not be as skeptical of my trans now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denny9742

Reaction score
This tune seems to be much smoother or refined than the previous QR tunes as far as throttle response, especially when letting off the throttle. As others have said, the shifting is awesome. I'll also say that my desire to do a turbo swap on my truck just became a little bit less urgent...

dawashi

Reaction score
Any plans for setting up the rest of the tunes with this trans and throttle response?

jbair14

Reaction score
Wow, the truck just clicks gears, I don't even know how to explain it. You should teach ford a thing or two on their factory tranny tuning!!

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Wow, the truck just clicks gears, I don't even know how to explain it. You should teach ford a thing or two on their factory tranny tuning!!

I agree 100 percent! There is not a factory diesel out there that holds the power and shifts anywhere near this good! Tuned or stock, they have done some magic with this setup!

Jomax

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent! There is not a factory diesel out there that holds the power and shifts anywhere near this good! Tuned or stock, they have done some magic with this setup!

******* and GearH seem to be doing it right. I need to ride in a ******* tuned truck to see the difference. And will be this Saturday!

The Shifts you guys are having are about the same I'm experiencing. It's amazing the difference in how these perform vs any of the older trucks.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It would be cool if this file had the stock firmness tuning on the lowest setting for puttering around then the firmness on the upper tunes. But wow.... it certainly clicks. Like. Gear 1. Now gear 2 now gear 3 now gear 4 (squeal squeal) now gear 5.......

Yes I said it squealed. It squealed between 4 and 5 on a brand new transmission on the 600 Warhammer setting!! LOL.

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
does the sotf version replace only the 600sotf when loading onto the sd card?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
It would be cool if this file had the stock firmness tuning on the lowest setting for puttering around then the firmness on the upper tunes. But wow.... it certainly clicks. Like. Gear 1. Now gear 2 now gear 3 now gear 4 (squeal squeal) now gear 5.......

Yes I said it squealed. It squealed between 4 and 5 on a brand new transmission on the 600 Warhammer setting!! LOL.

Dang, first I've heard of this! Did it squeal on the 600 or 600qr? I'm almost at 50k miles on mine. It used to squal on high SCT tunes. Have been s p a r t a n blessed for almost 20k miles and never a squeal. I'm scared to hammer on the warhammer x tune now lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It never squealed until I loaded the Warhammer 600 for the sotf. However. I went down a long 2 lane open road for another test... only this time I shifted manually to bring the RPM's up higher and all was well... no squeal.

IMO... the spar-tan shifts absolutely great... just a little too early as in too much torque at low rpm. If it shifted another 200 rpm later it would probably never squeal at all.

I do realize this is supposed to be a beta... so I'm giving real beta feedback.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
It never squealed until I loaded the Warhammer 600 for the sotf. However. I went down a long 2 lane open road for another test... only this time I shifted manually to bring the RPM's up higher and all was well... no squeal.

IMO... the spar-tan shifts absolutely great... just a little too early as in too much torque at low rpm. If it shifted another 200 rpm later it would probably never squeal at all.

I do realize this is supposed to be a beta... so I'm giving real beta feedback.

Absolutely! How much relearn time have you given the trans after loading the X?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Absolutely! How much relearn time have you given the trans after loading the X?

Well. To relearn one needs to do some short driving then medium driving then hard driving. I did all three in 10 miles.

Maybe Matt can give us a realistic scenario of what truly needs done for a relearn.

I'll put about 300 miles on it tomorrow and we'll see what happens then.

But IMO. It still shifts too early. It's not unbearable tho. I'm just nit picky

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Well. To relearn one needs to do some short driving then medium driving then hard driving. I did all three in 10 miles.

Maybe Matt can give us a realistic scenario of what truly needs done for a relearn.

I'll put about 300 miles on it tomorrow and we'll see what happens then.

But IMO. It still shifts too early. It's not unbearable tho. I'm just nit picky

Adaption is pretty close after 7 to 9 up shift cycles at any given throttle position and RPM.

We shift at the RPM we do for maximum performance. Extending past the powerband only serves to slow the truck down.

If you continue to have the squeal after an adaptation, I'd be looking into a solenoid body replacement, if it were my vehicle. This is the first and only report of any up shift noise whatsoever, from about 110 users we've currently received feedback from.

Solenoid body variances on these transmissions are drastic, and the solenoids are known for early fatigue and failure.

Notneb

Reaction score
No squeal here, but I haven't givin it the beans yet. Dyno results Sat. btw!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I gave mine the beans. The truck has 2500 miles on it TOTAL. I cannot see that early of a failure on the solenoids.... but who knows.