SPE's 7.3 on the Dyno

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ill laugh when a 7.3 butthurts someone with a cr setup. It'll be hilarious.

Reaction score
Whenever a heui can beat this I'll quit ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416018694.767343.jpg
As far as I'm concerned there is not a 2.6 or 3.0 powerstroke equipped pulling truck with the stock style injection system and stock heads that can beat this truck. And where does anyone think that a 6.4 has a disadvantage in any area vs a 6.0 or 7.3? Injection system is more than capable, block is like a tank, crankshaft has shown zero weaknesses and the 6.4 ported head flow beats any ported 6.0 or 7.3 ported head... Just saying. Let's get real here.

SPE

Reaction score
Apparently no one has taken a close look at the 6.7 Power Stroke intake/heads. Also for the record 6.4 and 6.0 head are the same for the intake passages.

The 7.3 has a s483 on it now and a new melling lpop. Unfortunately the trans isn't happy, second and third gear are slipping under heavy power.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whenever a heui can beat this I'll quit View attachment 32295
As far as I'm concerned there is not a 2.6 or 3.0 powerstroke equipped pulling truck with the stock style injection system and stock heads that can beat this truck. And where does anyone think that a 6.4 has a disadvantage in any area vs a 6.0 or 7.3? Injection system is more than capable, block is like a tank, crankshaft has shown zero weaknesses and the 6.4 ported head flow beats any ported 6.0 or 7.3 ported head... Just saying. Let's get real here.

Nobody said that. I made the comment about how Id laugh when a turd upset someone with a cr setup. Look at the guy up there with the red/tan ccsb. Look at his times. He is making more power with a single than the big dogs were making a few years ago with compounds and all that jazz. All Im saying. The numbers keep creeping up. Granted, Im sure the 6.4 numbers will continue to evolve as well. I dont doubt what your truck is capable of Morgan as its on my list of trucks I want to see pull but some of these dyno numbers are pure rubbish coming from some of these higher hp 6.4s too. I dont buy some of these 6.4 numbers.

Reaction score
Apparently no one has taken a close look at the 6.7 Power Stroke intake/heads. Also for the record 6.4 and 6.0 head are the same for the intake passages.

The 7.3 has a s483 on it now and a new melling lpop. Unfortunately the trans isn't happy, second and third gear are slipping under heavy power.

I know exactly what the 6.7 head can do. I left them out of my statement because people were talking about 7.3's and 6.0's and why there were no 6.4's trucks pulling. Because the 6.4 heads suck or something compared to a 7.3 or 6.0... When the exact opposite it true. 6.0 and 6.4 are a little different because of the larger dia injector in the 6.0. Stock to stock the 6.0 flows less air on a bench.

I commend the effort your guys are doing on the 7.3. But there is flat no way a heui 7.3 or 6.0 will ever surpass a commonrail 6.4 in an inducer limited competition.

Nobody said that. I made the comment about how Id laugh when a turd upset someone with a cr setup. Look at the guy up there with the red/tan ccsb. Look at his times. He is making more power with a single than the big dogs were making a few years ago with compounds and all that jazz. All Im saying. The numbers keep creeping up. Granted, Im sure the 6.4 numbers will continue to evolve as well. I dont doubt what your truck is capable of Morgan as its on my list of trucks I want to see pull but some of these dyno numbers are pure rubbish coming from some of these higher hp 6.4s too. I dont buy some of these 6.4 numbers.

I'm sure he can piss some guys with cr motors off. Lol I don't disagree with that. I just disagreed with anyone thinking that a heui 7.3 or 6.0 is going to be more competitive in a 2.5, 2.6 or 3.0 class than a 6.4. Been there done that. At one time we had on of the hottest 7.3 2.8/2.6 trucks around. Went to schied and was top ford. But in the pulling world RPMs count and 4500 is not enough. Need at least 400 cnc's of fuel and 5500 RPMs to be competitive in 2.6. Plus you actually have to have it the whole way down the track.

Which 6.4's do you not believe? 900-1000 in a 6.4 is pretty standard and easily achievable. On fuel that seems to be about it for most street trucks. Some guys may break 1000. But about 90% of them are completely believable IMO. But for the same deal there are some numbers I've seen with other platforms that I don't really think would hold true on most dynos or at the track. Remember it's just a number.

emev0l

Reaction score

Can't wait to see what the s483 can do with a healthy trans.

Latest posts

Members online