SRP 1 Failure

njjeep

Reaction score
Have you contacted stealth yet? It should be under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
Pumping. Like pouring out of the back. Been chasing a no start when at operating temp. Like a HP oil leak. And it showed itself today. I called Gary 2 weeks ago. Told me its gonna cost me 250 to tear it down and reseal. Could cost me more if any parts are bad. And could be 3 to 4 weeks back order. Still haven't got my response by email with the address to send this fn thing. 2 weeks now.

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
Gary will take care of it. Mine, a 1.1, started to fail at about 15k miles. I was poking around on top of the engine, found about half of the spiralok had come out. Called him on Sat morning, and he called me back that afternoon. Apparently, the earlier models have a slightly smaller? retainer ring. Gary will pull the ring, remachine the groove, and use a heavier ring for reassembly.
Gary also inspected all the rest of the internals, and replaced anything iffy. I can't complain at all, about two week turnaround.
He also told me about 30 failures, out of all the srp 1.1s he's built. Um taking the man at his word, as I've never met him personally, but he was more than fair to me!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I would say 30 is either a fib or some people threw them in the parts bin for a core.

Mine worked very well but Ive been.chasing oddball starting and running like.shti issues since it.got cold. Ive replaced several iprs and icp regulators. The injectors arent puking tons of oil while its running but the rear one on the passenger side does as its trying to build hpo. Im not sure if thats my issue but I hate to put my new hybrids in and wreck them if this.pump craps and sends junk through the hpo system. I have a sneaking suspicion the pumps.tolerances have opened up and once warm it is incapable of doing its job. With a whopping 4k miles on it.

Im hesitant to point fingers buuut im running out of culprits. If it is the pump what can I do? I know it has to be sent in but im NOT going to "give it another try". They all are failing the same.

Does Gary still build stage 2's? Id take FULL credit and a deal on ine of those otherwise ill probably be getting a different setup altogether.

psduser1

Reaction score
Hey Ty, shortbus has one for sale, stage two. Needs rebuilt.
I haven't had time to get my srp back in, yet, but this old 17* I'm running now has longer crank times when warm..... Whatever that's worth.

mwx5

Reaction score
...He also told me about 30 failures, out of all the srp 1.1s he's built....

I call BS on that one.
Between me and 3 other local guys, we have gone through a combined 9 pumps. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to think there were only 20 other failures throughout the entire country. We finally got tired of dealing with them and sold them once they came back warrantied. Warranty turn-around was relatively quick at 2 to 3 weeks. Running on stock 17° pumps now and one guy on an old Adrenaline, and trucks run great. Failures ranged from leaks (from all over), very poor running, hard start hot, and just dying out of the blue. ALL were pump related.
We also felt the SRP pumps were the best pump option on the market. Maybe someday quality will go up and they won't get such a bad rap.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im having ALL of those issues! I am blaming my stock injectors for now but my guy that I bounce ideas off of that has been working on powerstrokes for 20 years said he's willing to.bet the house my truck is 100% fine and my pump is.shti. Mine, I.checked my maintenance record, has exactly 4800 miles on it. It has been keeping me from using the truck since December. The truck will just up and die out of the blue. Once its warm it'll crank and crank like the cps is.shot. When its dead cold it takes.forever to build.icp.enough to start. Its aggra-***king-vating. We have a hose with a fitting and a piggyback icp.sensor to.deadhead the.pump and check each bank/side of the pump independently.

Im not ready to point fingers but if that pump is bad, you know since my truck.is.acting juuust like 50 others that had a junk hpop, ill be gotdammed if another one of those is going on.

And to the guy up there, thanks for the heads up, but im not buying a stg 2 privately, im going to puwh for one of.those in exchange for the billet srp with me paying the difference.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of the same issues.
Hard start when warm. Rough Idle. Low ICP.

Called Stealth about 8 times today with no answer. Would really love it if they could answer their phone.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I hear the guy is swamped. Not defending it but he returned my call at the end of the day and spent a good 30 min discussing the design, etc.

I wonder if the best solution is to buy a pump that is built from the ground up vs a hot rodded unit stock unit.

Good luck w/ this.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just make sure you do process of elimination before you blme the pump. Im right there too. Im fairly certain we.re all experiencing the same thing. If so, this is a huge problem. They are all.cropping up from a batch of pumps cut loose right around a year ago.

Sheesh

TyCorr

Reaction score
I hear the guy is swamped. Not defending it but he returned my call at the end of the day and spent a good 30 min discussing the design, etc.

Good luck w/ this. I wonder if the best

This isnt unraveling well. A bunch popping up all at once. Mine was good.when it was good but pending deadheading the pump its real bad when its bad.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Are these 1's or 1.1? And I wonder what the total failure rate is?

I see the reason a groove not securing the spirolok but I wonder what the other issues are? Better yet I wonder if there is any run # associated w/ those? Bad bushings, etc.??

I hear of guys who love their srp1.1 and these stories.

It seems the srp, honey badger and the adrenaline are stock pumps w/ modifications whereas the srp billet stage 2 is more of a ground up?? Maybe I'm talking out my a$$ but is there an inherent % of failure w/ this type of factor part modded for high performance?

I"m open to ideas.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The srp 1.1 is billet alledgedly.

The pumps that are popping up here are 1.1s. They are great when they work. Insanely good. But if what im experiencing is pump failure its bad. My truck is too unreliable to.drive. It can die at any time. Aaaand it wont restart.

Until I verify, Im done.talking.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Just make sure you do process of elimination before you blme the pump. Im right there too. Im fairly certain we.re all experiencing the same thing. If so, this is a huge problem. They are all.cropping up from a batch of pumps cut loose right around a year ago.

Sheesh

I bought my srp 1.1 about 11 months ago if I remember properly!
I've had these annoying issues since I installed the thing...
What process of elimination do you suggest?

So far my ICP pressure maxes out at about 2300-2400 PSI at WOT. When I pour water on the HPOP and HPOP resevior the hot start issue seems to go away.

I might just buy BTS's Dual HPOP and list my SRP 1.1 in the classifieds once Gary fixes or replaces it. I'm assuming the repair turn around time from stealth will be 2-3 months.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well, by process of elimination im referring to making sure your lpo.system.is.working correctly. Then make sure your icp qnd ipr are good and functioning correctly. Then examine injectors.for.function and to.make sure they arent worn out.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Well, by process of elimination im referring to making sure your lpo.system.is.working correctly. Then make sure your icp qnd ipr are good and functioning correctly. Then examine injectors.for.function and to.make sure they arent worn out.

ICP, IPR, Injectors, and LPOP are all brand new. The motor is a fresh rebuild. I think I've narrowed it down to my Injectors or HPOP. I'll plug in my scanner and pull some more data this week.
Someone suggested that I may have torn my IPR o-ring so I pulled it out to inspect. I didn't see any damage but replaced the o-rings anyway. This didn't help!

mwx5

Reaction score
Local guys here, pumps lasted typically from 3k to 7k miles, and several didn't make it 1 mile down the road before killing the truck.

Process of elimination of all of us here: Swap in a different pump ONLY and trucks ran for months with no issue. Swap in warrantied 1.1 once we got it back, truck dies or won't re-start. Swap in temp pump again, and truck runs flawlessly for months.
Pretty simple.
Only change was the pump, same IPR and everything. Stealth took them all back to warranty no questions asked. Said they are working hard on resolving all these common issues.

Our issues started with the SRP1, we paid for the upgrade to 1.1. Worst move ever, dumping more money into them. But the warranty sounds good. Until you are on the side of the road 3 times because of bad pumps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Local guys here, pumps lasted typically from 3k to 7k miles, and several didn't make it 1 mile down the road before killing the truck.

Process of elimination of all of us here: Swap in a different pump ONLY and trucks ran for months with no issue. Swap in warrantied 1.1 once we got it back, truck dies or won't re-start. Swap in temp pump again, and truck runs flawlessly for months.
Pretty simple.
Only change was the pump, same IPR and everything. Stealth took them all back to warranty no questions asked. Said they are working hard on resolving all these common issues.

Our issues started with the SRP1, we paid for the upgrade to 1.1. Worst move ever, dumping more money into them. But the warranty sounds good. Until you are on the side of the road 3 times because of bad pumps.

So I got your old problem. Cool , I woulda liked to know all this before I bought your old pump.

m j

Reaction score
Im having ALL of those issues! I am blaming my stock injectors for now but my guy that I bounce ideas off of that has been working on powerstrokes for 20 years said he's willing to.bet the house my truck is 100% fine and my pump is.shti. Mine, I.checked my maintenance record, has exactly 4800 miles on it. It has been keeping me from using the truck since December. The truck will just up and die out of the blue. Once its warm it'll crank and crank like the cps is.shot. When its dead cold it takes.forever to build.icp.enough to start. Its aggra-***king-vating. We have a hose with a fitting and a piggyback icp.sensor to.deadhead the.pump and check each bank/side of the pump independently.

Im not ready to point fingers but if that pump is bad, you know since my truck.is.acting juuust like 50 others that had a junk hpop, ill be gotdammed if another one of those is going on.

And to the guy up there, thanks for the heads up, but im not buying a stg 2 privately, im going to puwh for one of.those in exchange for the billet srp with me paying the difference.

what is "cold"? what oil are you running? did you try an oil change yet?
I dont think they are making the billet pumps. big ticket item.

mwx5

Reaction score
So I got your old problem. Cool , I woulda liked to know all this before I bought your old pump.

You didn't get my "old pump" or a "problem pump", it is fresh from Stealth, the same new pump as what someone would buy from them. You shouldn't have any issues different than anybody else running these pumps. MOST guys don't have issues with them. We just got tired of them so we sold them once they came back from Stealth. Lots of used pumps come for sale here from time to time, you never know what you get with a used pump. Yours was fresh back from Stealth, never used, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Latest posts

Members online