SRP1.1 failed...

edge186

Reaction score
Only around 5k miles on it. It was running just fine then I shut it down for about an hour, when I went to restart it, it fired once and shut down. That was the end. I was hoping it was just the ICP but I had someone from Ford check it out and it doesn't have any pressure when cranking. As in less than 50 psi. I've tried calling Gary a few times this week and left a message with no luck. Any ideas?

edge186

Reaction score
I'll have to verify the miles but looking at my previous posts, I did only install it in June. It doesn't get driven much and hasn't pulled anything more than an ATV trailer since then. Any ideas or suggestions? I'd really like to be able to get ahold of Gary before I tear the whole thing back apart...

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Thats scary,I have had mine repaired twice now. Its supposed to have the latest and greatest guts to be a SRP1.1 , I don't have about 5000 miles on it and noted a wee bit of oil from it lately. The last time it failed it blew the complete guts out the back.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
Check the plug to the ipr,try a diff ipr if that doesn't work then look for a hpo leak under the valve covers. That's just what I would try befor I go straight to blaming the pump

woodduck97

Reaction score
Check the plug to the ipr,try a diff ipr if that doesn't work then look for a hpo leak under the valve covers. That's just what I would try befor I go straight to blaming the pump

My truck I swapped in a 17* in after burning up my starter looking for problems with the srp1 and when I installed the 17* it started in 30 to 45 seconds of cranking.

edge186

Reaction score

Will I need to pull the whole pump to swap the IPR?

bad12jr

Reaction score
If you have the fuel bowl still youll have to pull that. With a RR and bowl delete you don't need to.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

woodduck97

Reaction score
A deep Kobalt 1 1/8 half inch drive deep chrome socket. Will take the sensor out with out a problem once you take the small nut off the back and then take the next part of the sensor off then slide the socket on and loosen the ipr.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I was thinking of the obs. Its a pita with it in there my bad. Forgot the SD mounted in a different spot.

Last edited:

edge186

Reaction score
Well I finally got ahold if Gary. Pulled the pump last night and will be shipping it back to Stealth first thing in the morning...

bad12jr

Reaction score
Well crap. Should have done that instead of the bowl. It stayed out though after I saw the fuel pump weeping. Never thought to just pull the reg.

edge186

Reaction score
Well... They've had the pump for over a week now and still no word. I can't get ahold of them again either. I'll tell you what though... If and when I get my pump back, I don't know if I dare run it... I'm a little hesitant to do it again... Kinda wishing I would have left it stock.

Latest posts

Members online