SRP1.1 failed...

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
It seems to be hit or miss with the Stealth pumps. I replaced mine with an Adrenaline and so far I haven't had any of the hard start or idle issues that I had with the Stealth.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Also I dont know what is with all these stuck IPR's? Why does this pump cause that? I installed a brand new one in the pump when I installed mine from ford. NEver switched it just to make sure it worked. But if these are failing on these pumps there is a problem. Allot of people with stock HPOPS dont have this problem with eatting IPR's.

99% of the time a IPR getting "stuck" .... more like clogged with **** would be the better term, is the pump internally failing....(if the system hasn't been exposed to a dirty installer knocking crud in the reservoir/injector holes etc etc...

IF your IPR has crap in it... the same crap has gone through the injectors... Luckily on stock pumps it is brass/bronze so its soft material....

woodduck97

Reaction score
99% of the time a IPR getting "stuck" .... more like clogged with **** would be the better term, is the pump internally failing....(if the system hasn't been exposed to a dirty installer knocking crud in the reservoir/injector holes etc etc...

IF your IPR has crap in it... the same crap has gone through the injectors... Luckily on stock pumps it is brass/bronze so its soft material....

It was in my truck for over a year and like 10k miles and didnt have a problem. Changed the oil at least 4 times since it was installed too.

edge186

Reaction score
Well I finally got the pump back Friday and spent $400 on a new IPR and ICP sensor. Got the pump put in Saturday night and well.... it runs... I've only driven it maybe 60 miles and parked it... Don't dare drive it anymore.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well I finally got the pump back Friday and spent $400 on a new IPR and ICP sensor. Got the pump put in Saturday night and well.... it runs... I've only driven it maybe 60 miles and parked it... Don't dare drive it anymore.

Why?

And why the hell did you pay $400 for a new IPR?

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...oduct_Code=F81Z9C968AB&Category_Code=F731-OEM

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...roduct_Code=F6TZ9F838A&Category_Code=F731-OEM

Drive the hell out of it...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just bought all that stuff two months ago and it is.crazy that 188 bucks is the cheapest ipr you'll ever find. If I feel the same about my srp when I fire my truck up the first time I'm gonna ***k somebody up. I waited a while for it.

woodduck97

Reaction score
I feel your pain about driving it and being scared. Hell mine left me stranded 4 hours away from home and was towing a trailer with a car so not only did I need someone to come with another trailer but I needed another veichle to tow the other car. Yep just a little bit of money I did not plan to spend.

edge186

Reaction score

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you are overtightening the IPR and wrecking them. These pumps aren't voodoo, they either put out or they dont. This sounds like a textbook IPR issue.

Dont crank on that IPR too hard, torque it to spec or you run the risk of warping the tube and then it sticks.

Latest posts

Members online