SRP1.1 failed...

alradco

Reaction score
Any updates? I had my mind made up to order one, just haven't got around to it.

edge186

Reaction score
I talked to Gary twice this week. I guess for some reason my pump got set aside and they forgot about it..... That's okay I don't mind having my truck down for over a month....

Anyways, on Monday he told me he would tear it apart that night and have it shipped Tuesday. Today, he told me that they couldn't find anything that blatantly stood out as being wrong with it.... So they built a new pump and for some reason the new pump and old pump are still sitting side by side in his shop.... He said he would "try" to get it out tonight and get me a tracking number.

So now I guess the issue is, what else could be causing a no start? When I initially had it looked at by my neighbor (senior diesel tech at the dealership), it was diagnosed as the pump itself. He said if it was an IPR issue then it should start cold, which it would not. When cranking over, it was putting out approx 40 psi.....

Any other tips or ideas?

Stroker#66

Reaction score
Try a new ipr if that doesn't work pull the valve covers and look for leaks while cranking. Also make sure the hpop resi is full

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Did you not install a new IPR before you shipped the pump?

That would have been my first thing.

alradco

Reaction score
No I did not. I will install a new one before I reinstall it though.

Man, that sucks it's still there. It's too bad you're going to do the ipr. I would like to see if it really was the pump that failed or if it was the ipr. If you change both at the same time I guess we'll never know??

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Man, that sucks it's still there. It's too bad you're going to do the ipr. I would like to see if it really was the pump that failed or if it was the ipr. If you change both at the same time I guess we'll never know??

More then likely it was the IPR. Classic simptoms of a stuck IPR.

RedPowerstroke

Reaction score
Your story is step by step and word for word what I just went through. I ran my Stealth for a couple months, it ate through 3 IPRs and got to the point where it took 3 or 4 tries to get the truck to start. I pulled the pump, sent it to Gary and then after many phone calls and two weeks I finally got a pump back. He told me the exact same thing... there was nothing wrong with the one I sent in.

woodduck97

Reaction score
This thread is worrying me. IDK what to do mine is broke and I got a 17* on now and I just dont wanna spend anymore money for something to break again. Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Just like my A-1000 fuel pump. Next time it goes out I am going to dual stock pumps.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Also I dont know what is with all these stuck IPR's? Why does this pump cause that? I installed a brand new one in the pump when I installed mine from ford. NEver switched it just to make sure it worked. But if these are failing on these pumps there is a problem. Allot of people with stock HPOPS dont have this problem with eatting IPR's.

edge186

Reaction score
More then likely it was the IPR. Classic simptoms of a stuck IPR.

If it was an IPR, the truck would start cold, right? I was told this by two people, Gary being one of them.

I talked to Gary on the phone before I pulled the pump. After describing to him what it was doing, he told me to pull it and ship it to him.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
If it was an IPR, the truck would start cold, right? I was told this by two people, Gary being one of them.

I talked to Gary on the phone before I pulled the pump. After describing to him what it was doing, he told me to pull it and ship it to him.

At least on a stock pump, no it won't start cold because it couldn't build enough pressure. Cleaned the ipr, and it fired right up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So I shouldn't install this srp that I've been wating almost two months for? I've got a new opt, icp, and.hpo lines as well. I'm not.gonna ***k up a.motor that I've been maintaining meticulously for 265k miles. Why is the hpop one.of those things that must be worried about?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So I shouldn't install this srp that I've been wating almost two months for? I've got a new opt, icp, and.hpo lines as well. I'm not.gonna ***k up a.motor that I've been maintaining meticulously for 265k miles. Why is the hpop one.of those things that must be worried about?

I would install and enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online