srp1.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

psduser1

Reaction score
Alright, I've got an srp1.1 on my pickup, and overall I'm satisfied. I've put about 500+/- on it, some hammer to the floor, mostly easy driving. It carries 3200ish on my big tune (140 from pho), low duty cycle, maybe 35-40%. It's all good except...
Twice now, I've lost hpo, as in all of it. Dead in the water. Both times the engine was at full operating temp, 205-210 on the scangauge. I let it set for a while, 1/2 hr maybe, and then, after 5-8 cranks shed fire off, run like a dream again.
Couple of times under normal use ( not running the snot out of it), the engine would " hiccup", then smooth right out, not actually die. WTF??
The icp sensor is dry, less than 5000 mi, ipr has less than 1000 mi also dry. I cant see any bad wires, or anything else obvious, and this problem has only started since i installed this pump.
I havent talked to stealth yet, that'll be tomorrow, or whenever i can get ahold of someone there. Honestly I'm not sure its the pump, thats just the most obvious thing I can see. I've had extended cranks when the engine is hot, but i had that even when i was using the adrenaline, so I'm not sure that's related???
Any thoughts, opinions, advice would be a big help.:wtf:

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
That's pretty odd. I'm sure all the air would be worked out of the system with that many miles.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Id look at the ipr and wiring......... I would think if it was the pump it would work or not it's just a bunch of little pistons in there driven by a swash plate.

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm not sure its the pump at all.... however that's the only change before this problem started, so its a logical starting point.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen a similar issue, what they figured out etc. When I tried to restart, hpo was literally 5 psi. As I'd crank and it over, the oil pressure would slowly rise. 5 psi to 40 psi, give the starter a break. The next time, 5 to maybe 150 psi. Give the starter a rest, then 120 psi rising to 190 psi. So on and so on eventually I'd get 500 psi, and boom it will lite just like its supposed to, and run fine.
I did unplug the icp sensor and crank, no start, and obviously the scangauge read 45xxx psi. I plugged it back in and watched oil pressure climb as previously described, so I'm pretty sure that didn't change anything.

psduser1

Reaction score
Are you talking about leakage past the poppet, or something different? I'm sure there is some leakage somewhere there, the scangauge shows 100 psi variations at idle, hot or cold. I can't see worn injectors causing almost instanteous shutdown, though. And i had those variations before I changed the pump out. I'm seriously scratching my head.

psduser1

Reaction score
Hard starts all the time-hot. The sudden dying is not often, twice in 500+ miles. The first time it restarted while the engine was still 180+ degrees, the second time it had sat all day, I.e. ambient temperature. It ran fine, both before and after, both times.

TARM

Reaction score
Was the ICP sensor a actual motorcraft or IH unit or was it aftermarket?

Any codes hard or soft?

Have you pulled the IPR and made sure the o rings did not get pinched or damaged?

Have you tried unplugging the ICP when you have the hot start issue and then see if it fires up?

Is it the top injector o-ring that if damaged could create this issue as well?

If it only started with the HPOP change I would look at the ICP and IPR first.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
is the hpo psi jumping up and down while idling? or does it very at idle like its 500psi this time and 400psi the next?

ToMang07

Reaction score
CPS has nada to do with it not building HP oil

I was actually thinking CPS as well... OP says he "Lost HPO" but how does he know that? If the engine is stumbling and shutting off....that obviously would cause loss of HPO. It's worth a shot, and a cheap fix to try.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
due to the low pressure when cranking after the truck shuts off I would say it is not a cps problem.

I would try putting a new Ipr in it and seeing if that makes a difference.

TARM

Reaction score
I agree but in his post its not clear. Is he actually not seeing any hpop while cranking or is just going off it lost hpop when the engine died. I can see how some can be confused on it. The symptoms themselves of dieing and hard starts hot could be cps but it depends on if he is seeing hpop psi while cranking or not.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I'm not sure its the pump at all.... however that's the only change before this problem started, so its a logical starting point.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen a similar issue, what they figured out etc. When I tried to restart, hpo was literally 5 psi. As I'd crank and it over, the oil pressure would slowly rise. 5 psi to 40 psi, give the starter a break. The next time, 5 to maybe 150 psi. Give the starter a rest, then 120 psi rising to 190 psi. So on and so on eventually I'd get 500 psi, and boom it will lite just like its supposed to, and run fine.
I did unplug the icp sensor and crank, no start, and obviously the scangauge read 45xxx psi. I plugged it back in and watched oil pressure climb as previously described, so I'm pretty sure that didn't change anything.

This is what I was referring to that tells me he has a hpo issue.

TARM

Reaction score
This is what I was referring to that tells me he has a hpo issue.

Not sure how I missed that :doh: I agree then. Drop the cps and back to ipr cps and the other hpop related possibilities.

TARM

Reaction score
Is there really a way it could be the actual hpop itself? After all its all fixed rate I would think it would either have pressure/volume or it wouldn't at a given rpm not go from basicallynothing and then slowly build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.