srp1.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToMang07

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because you thread title is very misleading on this subject....

It would have been better to say 7.3 HPOP issues...

Why? If my 7.3L has an issue do I have to call it "Motor Issues?"

TARM

Reaction score
Because by stating a particular brand of pump its comes across as stating its something specific about that brand of pump and not just possibly something about the hpop system has a whole. That is all I believe he is saying.

Chimera

Reaction score
Because by stating a particular brand of pump its comes across as stating its something specific about that brand of pump and not just possibly something about the hpop system has a whole. That is all I believe he is saying.

Exactly. Not knowing the exact cause of the issue, you're dragging Stealth's name through the mud without justification.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Injector o rings. I put the t500 on mine because the 17* I had was weak and had a problem with dying I thought. Well run the t500 for a couple hundred miles and then the truck doesn't wanna start hot and idled similar. Come to find out the Injector o rings I bought last minute were defective( not alliant) 4 middle o rings were leaking through. Pull the fuel filter and see what the fuel looks like if you have a RR style system. The oil will show up. Also see if you have lost any oil on the dipstick. I went through 7 qts in about 30 miles.

Very same symptoms as what I was having.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

psduser1

Reaction score
Absolutely no mud slinging here, bigstroker, sorry if you got that impression!
Pretty sure my first post said that. Good numbers, no leaks, however, an issue that showed up... when i changed the pump. In fact, I specifically used the terms in the title because of the original pumps issues (srp1). As a sponsor, I realize you have had your share of disagreements with others over products and services. That happens. Id hoped it was perfectly clear that this was not" that thread". I have talked to the gentleman that went out of his way to get the pump that I chose, and I'm following his advice before i post any more on this.
Bad12jr, thanks for the info, that is something I'm hoping not to see! A whole 'nother can of worms to play with!:doh:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just based on the reputation of the first srp pump, people get easily worked up. I completely see where paul is comin from!
Not everyone will read through all this, but they will see the thread title and automatically assume the 1.1 is already having issues

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just based on the reputation of the first srp pump, people get easily worked up. I completely see where paul is comin from!
Not everyone will read through all this, but they will see the thread title and automatically assume the 1.1 is already having issues

Im a fan of stealths pumps but what if the pumps are having problems? I didnt see anything.negative towards Stealth in the way he created this thread. Im not just addressing you but in his posting this way, lo and behold people came forward who have lost an srp 1.1 already. Finding.chunks of aluminum inside a pump that was pulled off the market to be retooled out of billet and its still producing failures. I dont wanna drop a grand on something.that is eating itself and broadcasting ground aluminum shrapnel through the motor.

Did the stgI and stgII stealth pumps have problems like this?

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Yea im of the point if people are having problem others need to know.. Eff trying to keep things under wraps. Id want to know if there were issues before i droped close to a g on something. I dont think the op said anything wrong.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I sell Terminator products, so I have no dog in this fight. All I was stating was that taking a name like that and throwing it in a public forum before truely knowing if that is the issue, is almost a low blow in my opinion.

I would advise to call Gary first and foremost. Let the man that created the pump help you solve your issues!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I sell Terminator products, so I have no dog in this fight. All I was stating was that taking a name like that and throwing it in a public forum before truely knowing if that is the issue, is almost a low blow in my opinion.

I would advise to call Gary first and foremost. Let the man that created the pump help you solve your issues!

While I do agree with you, what I said is in addition to that. Save for the low blow. I dont see it. Nothing.said here would cause me to avoid stealth. I simply want to know about the stg I and stg II stealths. Did they have failures? If they did/were I wasnt paying attention at the time. Can anyone comment or recall the old stg I or II having failures where they came apart internally?

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score

Winna winna chicken dinna:pimp:

Exactly. Not knowing the exact cause of the issue, you're dragging Stealth's name through the mud without justification.

Yup

Absolutely no mud slinging here, bigstroker, sorry if you got that impression!
Pretty sure my first post said that. Good numbers, no leaks, however, an issue that showed up... when i changed the pump. In fact, I specifically used the terms in the title because of the original pumps issues (srp1). As a sponsor, I realize you have had your share of disagreements with others over products and services. That happens. Id hoped it was perfectly clear that this was not" that thread". I have talked to the gentleman that went out of his way to get the pump that I chose, and I'm following his advice before i post any more on this.
Bad12jr, thanks for the info, that is something I'm hoping not to see! A whole 'nother can of worms to play with!:doh:

Your thread title implies your pump is bad....not your having issues with HPOP....

Thanks Derek....

^^^yes...

Elkhunter

Reaction score
Sorry, I did have the original SRP1 and I actually did not know there was a problem in the original design. No I did not contact Gary, I was out of warranty and when my truck don't run I need it fixed ASAP, Terminator had a pump to me in two days.

On a side note within 140 miles of swapping a grenaded pump I lost two cylinders. I assume I got some crap in the poppet valves and must now dig in to that.

TARM

Reaction score
The issue in this thread seems to have gotten a bit off by the comments about what happened to Elkhunters SRP1 which was known to happen to a few of them. A honest mistake not realizing there were new version of the SRP pump.

BTW Elkhunter, did you send that pump in for the update that all SP 1.0 pumps were suppose to go in for or was it as it came to you from where you purchased it?

The issue with these kinds of things is it gets anyone with a Stealth thinking any HPOP system issue they have must be the pump. Of all the issues it seems the least cause is the pump. I think the op stated he had a 100 psi swing in his ICP and likely was worn orings. Does it not seem reasonable that they have worn a bit more and are now cuasing exactly these issues. I have seen these same issue mentioned before and it turned out to be worn out orings on a few injectors.

PSDUser1,

You could try pressurizing each oil rail individually and seeing if its actually the o-rings on one bank?

I am still running a SRP ver 1.0 it does now have the update that was offered but not the upgrade billet pieces to bring it to Ver 1.1 Before that update it had 30K miles put on it without any issues at all. Since the update only a few as I have had stuff torn apart doing upgrades. But its been fine. I will likley send it in for the upgrade to 1.1 as that was originally my intent.

psduser1

Reaction score
Tarm, I fully plan to do some pressure checks shortly. At the moment, my time available is limited, and I don't have a place to do it. Couple of weeks, I'll be back to the house, and shop, and there's a full slate of work planned!
Would worn orings cause sudden shutdown? I can see that causing erratic oil pressure at idle, and long cranking when the oil is hot.

TARM

Reaction score
I am fat from a expert or even a experinced shade tree mech lol . But I will say I have seen some weird things happen that ended up being oring or injector replated I would have never expected. But I understand why you would have doubts. I am also not saying that is your issue but it will rule it in or out by testing it. Who knows you may find just by turning the hpop by habd that it is the cause.

psduser1

Reaction score
So I got the icp and ipr pigtails soldered in Wed night, and so far no more hiccups, no stalls. I looked closely at the old pigtails, the ipr pigtail looked good. The icp pigtail, on the other hand looked shaky. The rubber grommet on the back was out a little, and the actual pin connecter was a little loose. I don't know if that was enough to lose connections or not. I'm about to put on a little 1500 mi run back to the house. That should be a decent shakedown. I'll post up numbers on hpo also, as I'll be fully loaded!

TARM

Reaction score
Well I hope that has fixed your issue. It sounds like it has. It does not take much damage to get the signals all screwy with these things. When you look at how badly some of the wiring harness are stretched is a wonder we do not have many more issues. Take the Oil temp connector that thing in many engine is stretched so tight I can not believe it doesn't pull out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.