srp1.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Check your ICP and ICP wiring as well. Just had one in the shop doing very similair stuff and the icp had a new pigtail that was wire crimped on and once soldiered it fixed all the issues. Something to at least check. Unplugging the ICP didnt cause a difference really either.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, guys. I'm ruling out the cp because the tach rises as I'm cranking. Oil pressure fluctuates at idle, by approximately 100 psi, which could just be worn injectors??? It's done that as long as I've had a gauge on the truck though. Ive kinda convinced myself that its a wiring issue, either with the icp, or ipr pigtails. Both sensors are less than 1000 Mi old, both are Ford parts, and both went together just like they should.
Another reason for my thinking is because mechanical issues usually just get worse, and that isn't the case here.
I'll order new pigtails, and solder them on, see what that gets me!

TARM

Reaction score
I would still check the IPR as you could have had the o ring get pinched etc when you installed it in the new pump. Just to be sure. ALso if you have had injector issues for a long time as you state from the varying idle its no unreasonable to think you could have finally had say an o-ring let go.

Can you do a buzz and contribution test to see how things are.

but I do agree with checking the wiring aspect as well given that too was moved around etc with the hpop swap.

Elkhunter

Reaction score
Same symptoms exactly as mine, but I had 18,000 miles on it. Last Friday I had dying issues but it restarted and then ran fine, at the end of the day, started up died to not start again. I Had 0 to 40psi witch is my lube oil pressure and thats it. The pump was full of aluminum chunks and turning it by hand felt like grinding gravel. The symptoms did not seem like they could be pump related to me, mostly due to being intermittent. Don't rule out the pump.

Reaction score
Same symptoms exactly as mine, but I had 18,000 miles on it. Last Friday I had dying issues but it restarted and then ran fine, at the end of the day, started up died to not start again. I Had 0 to 40psi witch is my lube oil pressure and thats it. The pump was full of aluminum chunks and turning it by hand felt like grinding gravel. The symptoms did not seem like they could be pump related to me, mostly due to being intermittent. Don't rule out the pump.

Was that on the SRP1.1 or the original SRP1? I know the original SRP1 was having that problem.

patrickke

Reaction score

Did you speak with Gary about this?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Eh...... I hate to say it but im having a lot of the same symptoms. Thought it was cps at first as well. Replaced it same issues. While driving It will hiccup as well every now and then. Im going to put a scanner again on it and see what's going on. My pump has around 6500 miles and its an srp1.1

Had no issues until now last week or so.

It also shut off while driving and would not start. Also swapped icp. Same symptoms. Gave it a day after very long crank it finally started. Now it hiccups every now and then.

Last edited:

Cota

Reaction score
This thread is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

So should all the first gen SRP1's be considered ticking time bombs and be sent in for the upgrade?

Can any of the vendors that sell these pumps talk to Gary to find out what can be done before the pumps fails taking out other expensive parts with it?

Stroker#66

Reaction score
forget what i said about cps i put a new one in today and still hiccups bad under hard acceleration in 4-5 gears

I have just about the same set up and mine did the same thing in forth and fifth gears. I didn't beleive it would fix it but I put a boost fooler in line to the map sen and it stopped

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
This thread is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

So should all the first gen SRP1's be considered ticking time bombs and be sent in for the upgrade?

Can any of the vendors that sell these pumps talk to Gary to find out what can be done before the pumps fails taking out other expensive parts with it?

srp1.1 is the new gen............thats the one we are talking about , with the issues...

psduser1

Reaction score
Elkhunter, that's not good! I havent seen anything like that with this srp1.1. I'm pretty low miles, tho! I'm still betting on the electrical for my situation, that's an easy enough fix.
On a positive note, I've had zero leakage issues, even with the original hoses. No leaks on the backside underneath anywhere!
:pimp:

cowboy420smoker

Reaction score
i have a srp1.1 sitting on my desk as a paper weight.Just have not found the time to put it in.Now i am a little worried.My truck runs great.Would hate to make it worse than better.

psduser1

Reaction score
I won't hesitate to call Gary if this issue becomes more pronounced. At this point I'm not certain its the pump, better to rule out some simple problems first.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
I won't hesitate to call Gary if this issue becomes more pronounced. At this point I'm not certain its the pump, better to rule out some simple problems first.

The reason I ask is because you thread title is very misleading on this subject....

It would have been better to say 7.3 HPOP issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.