SRP1 Field Report

Tom S

Reaction score
I am glad you posted like you did, very squared away. If I missed it sorry but how many miles now on it?

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Date of purchase- ??/10
Miles/races/pulls on the pump- around 10K on pump in dd mode
Max duty cycle-43%
ICP- 3060
Injs capacity/nozzles- Stock
Leaks associated with the HPOP? None
Running a HPOP res supplemental feed line? No
Are you wanting for another/different HPOP? If so why? No
Driving impressions? I like the pump and find that it improved the over all performance of my truck.

This is a project truck with a DI cam and set of DI stage one heads along with headers. I am building this truck while driving it everyday.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Soldiers running the SRP1, report!

During a "full power" run....answer the following first, then post up your comments.....

Date of purchase- February 2011
Miles/races/pulls on the pump- 3,000 miles and 10 or so 1/4mile passes
Max duty cycle- I only checked 1 time and it was 38%
ICP- 2900+
Injs capacity/nozzles- 250/200's
Running a HPOP res supplemental feed line? No
Are you wanting for another/different HPOP? If so why? NO
Driving impressions? AWESOME! Much more responsive. The startup time never changed for me but I have personally installed and started 2 others on stock sticks that the cranking time was greatly reduced.

If you've got a track time, dyno number, or sled pulling accomplishment with the SRP1, post it.

Purpose of this thread is
1. A place for folks running the pump to post their setup, and how it's supporting it.
2. A place for folks looking at a HPOP for their truck to see what the SRP1 can and can't do.

No fanboy, HPOP war BS....just post your truck that's running the SRP1 and move on! We're lucky to have as many good HPOP systems to choose from IMO....thanks to all the folks that put many a hour of effort/homework into making them happen. Like TOM S posted below...lets keep the discussion oriented towards the SRP1 only...not a SRP1 vs. Duals vs BTS vs Gen 3 vs Billet Stealth vs whatever...... they're all good pumps! :fordoval:

It was spurred on by Tom S's post here...

I ran a 12.83 and can do better when my gtx4294r gets here. The srp1 really makes for a great mid size do all pump! For $700 its hard to beat!

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Hey co0bra04- if you need to borrow a core so there isn't any down time let me know. I have a couple I keep just for cores. That goes for anyone else too. I also will have a set of core injectors I will loan out as cores. Just fyi.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score

During a "full power" run....answer the following first, then post up your comments.....

Date of purchase-purchased 3-11-11, received and installed 5-28-11
Miles/races/pulls on the pump-7-8k no races yet
Max duty cycle-Haven't had a chance to scan it, having injector issues.
ICP-
Injs capacity/nozzles-Stock, soon to be stage 1s
Running a HPOP res supplemental feed line? Yes/No No
Are you wanting for another/different HPOP? If so why? Nope
Driving impressions? Smoothed out idle, Truck has 267k on it with original hpop until srp1 install, much more power and quicker starts. It pulls much harder through the middle of the rpm range. I can't wait to get the new sticks in and some issues ironed out so I can really get into it

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Im having issues with my pump after it warms up, its making the truck idle kinda shaky and its driving me nuts, but it sure does put out the oil. Ill post up some specs when i plug in ae. But does anyone have an idea of what it might be, i had my chip reburned, and a new ipr and it still feels funky when warm. I dont mean to derail the thread, but after this pump it hasnt idled the same at all.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Im having issues with my pump after it warms up, its making the truck idle kinda shaky and its driving me nuts, but it sure does put out the oil. Ill post up some specs when i plug in ae. But does anyone have an idea of what it might be, i had my chip reburned, and a new ipr and it still feels funky when warm. I dont mean to derail the thread, but after this pump it hasnt idled the same at all.

This isn't a fair weather only thread...so post any problems up. But you'll probably get better results, and not derail this thread in the process, by starting up another separate thread, focused on your issue.

Be sure to post up all the requested data on your SRP1 for your truck like others have when you get your AE running.

Last edited:

JHILL

Reaction score
Date of purchase- 2/1/11

Miles/races/pulls on the pump- 4k miles,
1 pull -http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4038,
5 passes side x side 200' dirt drag

Max duty cycle-[COLOR= [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]39%[/COLOR]

ICP-3k

Injs capacity/nozzles-Hybrid 238/200%

Leaks associated with the HPOP? none

Running a HPOP res supplemental feed line? Yes/No no

Are you wanting for another/different HPOP? If so why?

Driving impressions? Hot Idle issue as mentioned earlier, a touchy pedal @ light cruise, with 330k on the clock I have not ruled out low compression yet , although I do feel it's tuning related ,may try the IPR harness and see what happens.

TARM

Reaction score
Driving impressions? Hot Idle issue as mentioned earlier, a touchy pedal @ light cruise, with 330k on the clock I have not ruled out low compression yet , although I do feel it's tuning related ,may try the IPR harness and see what happens.

The touchy pedal on light cruise is almost assuredly a tuning adjustment that needs tweaking. With larger nozzles it takes a bit of fine tuning between ICP and PW to get the on off transition to be stock smooth. Give it more of a light switch feel until them. Given that both issues may be connected as some tuning adjustment could also help there as well.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score

Date of purchase-purchased 3-11-11, received and installed 5-28-11
Miles/races/pulls on the pump-7-8k no races yet
Max duty cycle-Haven't had a chance to scan it, having injector issues.
ICP-
Injs capacity/nozzles-Stock, soon to be stage 1s
Running a HPOP res supplemental feed line? Yes/No No
Are you wanting for another/different HPOP? If so why? Nope
Driving impressions? Smoothed out idle, Truck has 267k on it with original hpop until srp1 install, much more power and quicker starts. It pulls much harder through the middle of the rpm range. I can't wait to get the new sticks in and some issues ironed out so I can really get into it

Well to continue on my review I have been having a hot start issue since the pump was installed, we have tried everything we could to fix it but to no avail. Pump is going back to Gary this week to have it looked at. Apparently I have the second bad pump ever, considering how many there are that's not bad at all! Hopefully he can get it fixed up real quick, my pickup runs great, you just can't shut the dang thing off cause it wont start again until its cooled down. I'll update when it gets figured out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

V-Ref

Reaction score
Well to continue on my review I have been having a hot start issue since the pump was installed, we have tried everything we could to fix it but to no avail. Pump is going back to Gary this week to have it looked at. Apparently I have the second bad pump ever, considering how many there are that's not bad at all! Hopefully he can get it fixed up real quick, my pickup runs great, you just can't shut the dang thing off cause it wont start again until its cooled down. I'll update when it gets figured out.

Good stuff, and thanks for sharing. This is the kind of content I was hoping for this thread...folks posting up the real deal on their experience with this pump....good and the occasional potentially not so good (as with all performance products) whoever the vendor/builder of them is.

Be sure to post up the update...it doesn't have to be good news either.

Here's to hoping it is though :toast:

Tom S

Reaction score

Why do you say the second bad pump ever? I have heard of a few that had issues but still a pretty small percentage.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Why do you say the second bad pump ever? I have heard of a few that had issues but still a pretty small percentage.

Jake said it was the second pump that had to be returned. I may have misunderstood what was said but in any case there haven't been many and it'll hopefully be fixed before scheids. I'll get some real data during that trip to post up. Going to have a new scanner by then and lots of miles towing vanderchevy18 out there.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Ok I know its been a while but we got a SnapOn scanner and took some vids. First is with engine cooled off after about 5hrs.
th_2011-08-17_22-33-13_345.jpg

Second video shows icon and ips on a full throttle run. As y'all can see it ain't right. I peak out just over 1856 and 86 percent. Not good at all.
th_2011-08-17_22-39-58_970.jpg

Finally trying to hot start. You can see it barely gets to 400psi.
th_2011-08-17_22-43-25_588.jpg

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
That could be helpful for others than may have a similar issue possibly with any hpop pump.

Have you contacted Gary yet about this issue?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
That could be helpful for others than may have a similar issue possibly with any hpop pump.

Have you contacted Gary yet about this issue?

Yep I have a stock loaner from Jake sitting in the garage waiting to go in come daylight. Then my SRP1 will get sent to Gary to get diagnosed and returned hopefully soon, I would like to have it back for Scheids...it'll be a lot nicer towing vanderchevy's rig, a four wheeler, parts, tools, coolers, etc with a nice pump not a worn out core. Never know though...the loaner could be a decent pump...we'll find out tomorrow for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.