SRP1 Field Report

02BigD

Reaction score
Ok I know its been a while but we got a SnapOn scanner and took some vids. First is with engine cooled off after about 5hrs.

Just talking aloud, have you checked the IPR, or tried changing it with a known good one? I had similar slow starts with my Gen 3 for a couple of weeks, then I noticed ICP would spike on me driving down the road on occasion. Replaced the IPR, which we couldn't find anything wrong with and it was installed correctly, and it has been fine since.

What defines weather a secondary feed line should be used with the SRP-1?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Just talking aloud, have you checked the IPR, or tried changing it with a known good one? I had similar slow starts with my Gen 3 for a couple of weeks, then I noticed ICP would spike on me driving down the road on occasion. Replaced the IPR, which we couldn't find anything wrong with and it was installed correctly, and it has been fine since.

What defines weather a secondary feed line should be used with the SRP-1?

Yep its had three different cores including a new one and four solenoids. The problem has gotten progressively worse like how a cut oring will spread and het worse over time. I don't know if there is anything like that ib the 7.3 hpop, I've never taken one apart or seen a blown up view. It'll get sent out today and hopefully fixed soon. I'll update y'all with the diagnosis and new data numbers when it gets back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Alright, I'm bringing this back to the top, I know there have been some more folks with issues with their pumps so I was going to see if some of those members got their pumps back yet or if they are still waiting? My truck has been down and pumpless since August 18th and I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Just looking to see what kind of turnaround others have had with pump warranty.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Alright, I'm bringing this back to the top, I know there have been some more folks with issues with their pumps so I was going to see if some of those members got their pumps back yet or if they are still waiting? My truck has been down and pumpless since August 18th and I am just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Just looking to see what kind of turnaround others have had with pump warranty.

Are you getting your pump upgraded or just getting the original SRP1 built again
?

I know if your waiting on the upgraded parts itll be awhile. If your just going back with another pump that still has parts known to fail, you could probably get one soon

Tom S

Reaction score
I think I would be looking for just a plain old 17 deg pump to put in there to sell it and then wait and get an updated pump to sell to another member.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Finally got my warranty pump in...pump works fine, customer service on the other hand was complete crap, it took months to get my pump in which cost me a ton of money and down time...Gary makes a good product but this has left a hell of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Does your warranty pump that you got have all the updates done to it as well? Or did they just fix the same faulty pump?