stage 3 injectors

Bigsexy

Reaction score
So I'm about to upgrade my injectors to stage 3 238/100. How many of you running these injectors have actually had issues with running out of fuel? I know I will need upgraded push rods, 910s, and regulated return. I haven't found anyone upgrading the whole fuel system because of not having enough fuel. I will be upgrading to these injectors for now and the rest will come later. I know most detune them until they have the valve springs and other supporting mods, but I'm hoping they will come soon after and don't want to keep having my tunes redone every mod. Once its all together I'm going to have it live tuned and hopefully be the last time I have to deal with tuning. I was debating on also doing 200% nozzles and have them live tuned when everything else has been done and just detune the nozzles to act like 100%. Any thoughts or ideas on stage 3s would help

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Been running 250/100s for almost 3 years now. Stock head bolts stock pushrods, stock springs, stock fuel system for most of that, along with stock hpop. Recently installed RR, Airdog, and T1000 hpop. Before fuel system and T1000, did 496hp.. installing headstuds this weekend. No.springs or pushrods

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'd run the piss out of some standard hybrids without worry... Get a fuel pressure gauge and just make sure your maintaining at least 50psi...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
What joe said, the gauge wont lie to you. If you are seeing anything below 50 then look into a fuel system.

Let us know if we can help you with the injectors

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I see all these people saying you need all this extra stuff to run stage 3s, but yet no one half of it on there sig or have any of it when you ask. I run the piss out of my truck, sled pulling, racing, and towing. How many of you have the 200% nozzles?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've run 160/0, 180/0, 180/80, 238/80, 238/100 and 250/200...

Fuel system and studs is about all you really need to woop the piss out of a set of 250/200's. IMHO of course.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I see all these people saying you need all this extra stuff to run stage 3s, but yet no one half of it on there sig or have any of it when you ask. I run the piss out of my truck, sled pulling, racing, and towing. How many of you have the 200% nozzles?

Most dont run a fuel pressure gauge, so in order to keep peace of mind they install the parts they KNOW will work. I am not saying your stock system will keep up, it depends on a few different things. If you can monitor your fuel pressure you will know where you stand and figure out what you need to do. With a 200% nozzle I bet your stock fuel system will struggle a bit, but every truck is different

Bigsexy

Reaction score
How many of you have built your own fuel systems Id like to build mine but not sure if it would be worth the headache or not. I've built fuel systems on race cars and such so I have skills in fuel systems. Just haven't done a whole lot of push lock.
I plan on a fuel gauge and also a hpop when I can afford them. I like being able to monitor things inside the cab when I'm driving.
After talking to a Matt about 200% nozzles id like to go with them just need to figure out if id let Elite live tune them or if they can tune them down til I can get somone to do a live tune on my truck. Being I live in Colorado its not easy finding guys to do live tuning and haven't heard much along the lines of Elite doing live tunes on 7.3s

TyCorr

Reaction score
Throw a Walbro fuel pump on it and it will hold pressure with the 100% nozzle.

Id.do this or.an aeromotive just so I know its working. Although the fuel.system would.be.nice since I.hate the stock filter/location(im 6'3" but.my hood.comes up to my chin). Id like better, easier to change filtration and I dont like all the friggin coonections.on that stock fuel line. Its a personal preference for.me. I will be finishing my RR system before inj's go in.

@Joe- what prompted the.change from 238s to two fiddys?

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Who has a good regulated return for not a lot of money. I know a lot of guys use the driven kits, but what other company's are out there

TyCorr

Reaction score
There are bunch of.places.selling.them. Or.you can buy hose and build.a.fuel.system.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Just curious for thoughs that run the 238/100 what's times have you seen in a quarter mile? I sled pull and race a few events a year and I'm curious as to if these will make a big differance in my performance on the track and hooking to a sled or just a little noticable differance. I've put the 238/100 on a few trucks but never driven my buddies trucks afterwards. Now most of them are out of state or sold there trucks. I've tried not to drive them to avoid wanting bigger injectors and now I want a set.
For those of you with 250s you think its a big differance in injector vs the 238s?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
My 250s, I have done 13.74 with stock fuel, and stock hpop with a 38r. My truck has had a lot of changes since

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

mattman347

Reaction score
There is a little difference in the 238 VS the 250 but not enough to worry about in my opinion. I don't think you would be able to tell if you switched out 238's to 250's.

Latest posts

Members online