starting a "build" next month

907DAVE

Reaction score
On the last two yes....

Photo0314.jpg

It was the same on the front and rear cylinders, both banks.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I dont remember exactly what the recession was, but thought it was in the .050 range.

Sorry for mucking up your thread, OP.

golfer

Reaction score
that's on the high side of factory specs...but just barely..so they problem (if you were running a stock cam & rockers) had to be in the valve recession on the heads.

the bone stock (original never disassembled) engine we just dynoed last week had 910s installed...made 773hp @ 4110rpm

it did break I&E rockers (on an earlier run) at @ 5000rpm and while they were fixing that...they measured that cyls springs installed height and found they were at 1.83"...

shimmed the springs on that one cyl, replaced the rockers...and made another 30-40 runs...well well over 4000rpm on every run.

so the springs aren't/weren't the problem for him..it was the installed height...

I'm guessing your trouble(s) were a combination of installed height and shallow valve recession(s) if you were running a stock cam.

golfer

Reaction score
intake valve specs are... 046-058 recession
exh valve specs are 052-064 recession

(for everyone in this threads benefit)

907DAVE

Reaction score
Thanks for that info! Looks like I was right where I needed to be.

01stroked

Reaction score
We'll today was a big sucess. Got the engine out and dissambled ready to start taking. Parts to the mashine shop... we pulled the truck in at 3 pm and the engine was on the stand before 5pm.. had to take a dinner break so the engine could cool down so we could start tearing it apart

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
make suer to keep updateing this thread. I'm tearing down a spare 7.3 to send of to machine shop then adding a rebuild kit, and probably going the same route as you for injector/turbo setup

01stroked

Reaction score
Will do its also the same set up as powerstrokejunkie has and his truck rips!!

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Thanks! And his setup is what my goal is to be down the road. very impressed with his numbers, i've gained alot of knowledge from my conversations with him

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Rotating assembly at the masheen shop. At a stand still until this weekend. Busted ass getting it apart to wait a week :doh:

OSCS

Reaction score
Thanks! And his setup is what my goal is to be down the road. very impressed with his numbers, i've gained alot of knowledge from my conversations with him

Junkie is a strait noob LOL j/k! It's about time you open a shop up north.. Doubt there are many that far north

01stroked

Reaction score
parts are starting to roll in..... turbo, injectors and studs have came in. like junkie said waiting on the machine shop still

01stroked

Reaction score
after a late night with junkie got the bottem end all put together... waiting on the oil pan to set up

01stroked

Reaction score
We got the truck running last weekend. put around 500 miles on it and no major problems.. the truck rips! another great build from junkie.. we r headed to a sled pull friday night so we will see how it does

Latest posts

Members online