Stay of execution.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
If you are still going to go the radius arm route you need to change your design a little bit..... you need some sort of bushing for flex at the axle end.... otherwise you've just built yourself a very rigid swing arm at the front of your truck.... I assume you know this, but others might not.

Right. That's part of the reason for swapping the entire chassis to a 4wd instead of a 2wd conversion. The length of the swing arms would allowed plenty of rotation but like I said in the last post....no need to reinvent the wheel.

On edit: Plenty of rotation meaning for hauling on hwy with some field work. 6" of articulation being plenty.

Last edited:

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Good job Joe, glad to see it moving right along.

If I might make a suggestion, I would have cut that frame in a Z & then rewelded it.

Something like this-

0b9bcd20.jpg

0aea3c20.jpg

0b0bcd20.jpg

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
are you going to fish plate it? looks good

do you have your flame suit on? :)

Yup and it will go down the road with a 20,000 lb gooseneck just like it is :D

Good job Joe, glad to see it moving right along.

If I might make a suggestion, I would have cut that frame in a Z & then rewelded it.

Something like this-

Its sort of a rub Cat. Strength is for the most part reliant upon the Fitter and not the fit.

duke1n

Reaction score
Yup and it will go down the road with a 20,000 lb gooseneck just like it is :D

Its sort of a rub Cat. Strength is for the most part reliant upon the Fitter and not the fit.

You have that case of beer you owe me? Is JoeDaddy a welsh that is not to be trusted to pay off his bets?

duke1n

Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't clear? Maybe you struggle with reading comprehension? Whatever it is are you going to put some money behind that mouth Dorthy?
A beer is enough, throwing C-notes around doesn't make my best guess any more accurate than your's. :toast:

Sounds like a bet to me? I figured people on this forum that made bets would stand behind their word and pay them off. Am I wrong?

Here's the thread and JoeDaddy making the wager. Are you going to say this was not a bet?

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14857&page=5

JoeDaddy

Reaction score

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
It's been well over a year mow pulling heavy loads both GN and BP. I think it's safe to say it's tested.

A lot has changed recently, I now have 2 SD's to do the pulling. The OBS is about to go to pasture. I can't convince myself to sell it and it's only worth anything to me. So that leaves 2 choices. Restore it or Race it. :D

I'm currently sitting on 5 sets of spare injectors and HPOP's so I should be able to secure a good set of injectors and pump. Turbo would have to stay stock for now. Maybe this time next year I can find a BTS and go balls out!

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
Your alive LOL
I was looking for an sd for side work duty but couldn't justify the cost. Ended up buying a 2001 gmc Yukon xl with a 5.3,,, Still have my '96 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Decisions.....Decisions.......
300/200's or a more pedestrian 250/100?
Either way I'm going to need a tranny and turbo(s).

Latest posts

Members online