steering linkage and joints

dsmracing1

Reaction score
That's crazy how they're not lasting. I run my truck on the pipeline and lease roads for work and only changed the T-Bar ball joint once. Almost at 100K now...

dsmracing1

Reaction score
almost 100k on truck or on the replacement tracbar bj?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Should of worded that better. Almost 100K on the truck. Original T-Bar BJ lasted 35K miles after a solid summer of very crappy roads. Replaced under warranty and have 65K on the replacement. Just did some front end work and she's still tight. Had to replace a right wheel bearing and hub assembly and entire drag link assembly. First two things other than the fuel pressure regulator I've had to do to this truck that cost me money, other than the modifications lol.

I know when they did the new T-Bar BJ, they said it was an updated version. That was in 2015 though...

Jomax

Reaction score
Should of worded that better. Almost 100K on the truck. Original T-Bar BJ lasted 35K miles after a solid summer of very crappy roads. Replaced under warranty and have 65K on the replacement. Just did some front end work and she's still tight. Had to replace a right wheel bearing and hub assembly and entire drag link assembly. First two things other than the fuel pressure regulator I've had to do to this truck that cost me money, other than the modifications lol.

I know when they did the new T-Bar BJ, they said it was an updated version. That was in 2015 though...

Im still on the original TB ball joint with 120k miles. First 30k miles was with the king coilover carli kit and I ran it hard enough to bend the front axle. I'm still Shocked Jake is having this much bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Im still on the original TB ball joint with 120k miles. First 30k miles was with the king coilover carli kit and I ran it hard enough to bend the front axle. I'm still Shocked Jake is having this much bad luck.

Yes, definitely chit luck for sure. That's pushing it if you bent the axle lol. We bend the axles on the fleet work dodges all the time too going down crappy roads.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yes, definitely chit luck for sure. That's pushing it if you bent the axle lol. We bend the axles on the fleet work dodges all the time too going down crappy roads.

Dodge have **** axles to begin with. They can't take any kind of off-roading without trussing them.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

wow, no chit? maybe i didnt get the new updated version? lol.. suposedly the parts i got where the only ones offered regardless if ford was doing the work or if I was. i asked for fomoco parts and they said what i have is all they offered. also said that they have a value line that is just motorcraft only but these parts both have fomoco and motorcraft part numbers on them.

yeah, that is just crazy. maybe its the chitty roads and uneven surfaces around here.
that really sucks.
Exactly. We have our welder/fabricators doing homemade trusses on all trucks now haha
that is pretty cool. id like to do that. i like building/fabricating and welding stuff.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
with all that said. the bj was dry as a bone and rusty mess.
7cb6b870d94ef0cc4a246b742472f8b9.jpg

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i went ahead and drilled and tapped the new warranty parts for grease zerks so that doesnt happen again. i pushed all the factory thin nasty almost thick looking gear lube chit out of each of them with some LE 3752 grease. hopefully that adds some cushon and i can keep it healthy a bit longer this time. if not then i am swapping to pmf parts. getting new tires soon so hopefully this holds up so i dont trash the new skins quickly.
7ad6aba396fb15714b887cf326003e58.jpg
2264579b51ae43cc3a564fac9c1a60fb.jpg

dsmracing1

Reaction score
i went ahead and drilled and tapped the new warranty parts for grease zerks so that doesnt happen again. i pushed all the factory thin nasty almost thick looking gear lube chit out of each of them with some LE 3752 grease. hopefully that adds some cushon and i can keep it healthy a bit longer this time. if not then i am swapping to pmf parts. getting new tires soon so hopefully this holds up so i dont trash the new skins quickly.
7ad6aba396fb15714b887cf326003e58.jpg
2264579b51ae43cc3a564fac9c1a60fb.jpg

Looks good! We're all rooting for ya that this one lasts longer!

Jomax

Reaction score
How did the drill and tap go for the zerks? Thinking of doing it for my truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How did the drill and tap go for the zerks? Thinking of doing it for my truck.

it went ok. put a pile of grease on it prior to drilling or use a shop vac to help stop shavings from falling in the joint. then fill the hole with grease before you tap it. then use a pick tool to get all that grease back out and whatever shavings went in there. or a very small magnet. i think it was a 1/4-24 or 28 threaded zerk with a 7/32 drill bit..... i think.. lol. easier on the bench in a vice im sure..

live life full throttle

Members online

No members online now.