Steering Stabilizer

drservo

Reaction score
Will this take the slight wobble out of the steering wheel or is it just for cushioning when hitting hard bumps, etc in the road?

Nj67

Reaction score
I have a bds dual with fox 2.0s and don't really notice any difference

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Have you determined if the factory stabilizer has gone south OP or just looking to upgrade.

Obviously, if it's blown you'll notice a difference.

When mine did (My 08 running 37's at the time) I just did a single Bilstein 5100 replacement and noticed an instant difference. Even felt a little tighter from the good stock shock. Looking back on it, dual's would've been nice. Truck did see alot of mountain roads at the time and construction sites.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Pmf with dual kings, big difference!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 205

Notneb

Reaction score
More for wandering and off road performance. If you're a mall cruiser, not really gonna tell. I've got a Carli single King, and I only notice when I'm going hard off road.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Well mines no mall crawler but that's fine. Hell I've had this thing through the the woods where someone wouldn't take a $20k truck. Scratched all over but I clean it up every now and then.

ShotgunDave

Reaction score
I'm running the Top Gun customz dual bilstein stabilizer system and it's a big difference from stock. It no longer feels like the steering wheel is gonna get yanked out of my hands when I hit hard bumps on the interstate.

sootie

Reaction score
I'm running the Top Gun customz dual bilstein stabilizer system and it's a big difference from stock. It no longer feels like the steering wheel is gonna get yanked out of my hands when I hit hard bumps on the interstate.

why not just fix the caster issue instead of covering it up?

drservo

Reaction score
Mine doesn't jerk when driving or hitting bumps, just has a slight wobble in the steering wheel at times.

Jomax

Reaction score
Pmf with dual kings, big difference!

How is steering though? Harder to steer? I had PMFs dual fox shocks and took them off. Steering was way harder to turn. Especially turning while going slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Well mines no mall crawler but that's fine. Hell I've had this thing through the the woods where someone wouldn't take a $20k truck. Scratched all over but I clean it up every now and then.

You and me both lol. I've had guys jaw drop when they heard the truck has 4K miles at the time. It's a truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Fox direct replacement unit was an awesome upgrade.

Just a heads up though. The death wobble is usually caused by the track rod joint from most of my experience

ChitownPS

Reaction score
FWIW, I have the bds dual fox shocks. And it was a big difference when hitting potholes. Steering wheel no longer moves around when hitting them

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

drservo

Reaction score
Anyone tried the icon stabilizer setup? More expensive than the PMF but would match my other shocks

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The problem with Icon is the design actually reduces 1" of travel at lock to lock

Its a great kit, just a hold back

OUO designed our dual stabilizer truss to maximize the travel for customers who complained of loss of steering range with competitors kits

Latest posts

Members online