Steering Stabilizer

Jomax

Reaction score
OUO Kits that dont reduce travel are in stock and ready to roll ;)

PMF kit was for my uncle. Then I tried it on mine to see what he was complaining about.

Should've went OUO from the start......

Now to tell him to buy another setup lol...

Can I buy just your shocks? Or is it the brackets that allow the travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
PMF kit was for my uncle. Then I tried it on mine to see what he was complaining about.

Should've went OUO from the start......

Now to tell him to buy another setup lol...

Can I buy just your shocks? Or is it the brackets that allow the travel?

Its the complete design of the kit

OUO sells the front stabilizer truss kit for 491.00 jobber without shocks.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Did a bit for me.

Intersting, as I brought my truck back 3 times because I thought somthing was wrong and they told me it was installed correctly all three times and on last time that a bushing was bad. Will replace the bushing and see if it's still limited before making the jump. But nonetheless good to know.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

zporta

Reaction score
I just got a small wobble today. Stock wheels/tire/shocks and 33k. Didn't think it would happen this quick. Should I inspect all my joints? Seems a bit soon for anything to wear.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I just got a small wobble today. Stock wheels/tire/shocks and 33k. Didn't think it would happen this quick. Should I inspect all my joints? Seems a bit soon for anything to wear.

My track bar ball joint was toast right at that time... I however run a 35.5"x13 wide tire and a lot of lease roads. I didn't think it would wear that quick but sure enough it was shot....

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
How is steering though? Harder to steer? I had PMFs dual fox shocks and took them off. Steering was way harder to turn. Especially turning while going slow.

That's my set up and I didn't notice anything like that at all. Turns and returns to center just like stock.

sootie

Reaction score
Faster is right on mine...I just like the aesthetics of dual shocks up there. I have a thing for symmetry.

i hear you-i quoted that other guy whos truck looks like a chitting dog...he wonders why he has bump steer? LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

My factory track rod joint failed at 8,300 miles on my level 2015 Regular cab. Depressing to say the least. Replaced it with the OUO joint, 12,600 now, no more death wobble. No more failure

Layson

Reaction score
I would post pictures but photobucket is down for maintenance.

I have the OUO setup on my older truck. Mine works great and is setup with hydro assist. Lock to lock perfect.

I also put about 1,000 miles on the OUO setup on a newer truck that was just the OUO stabilizer truss kit. Didn't even know it was there. I could turn the steering wheel a 10" lifted truck with 38x15.5's in a parking lot sitting still....LOL. Lock to lock nothing hit

Then if you want to actually put a cool diff cover on the front of your truck that won't hit your stabilizer, track rod, or track rod bracket get one of the OUO diff covers!

zporta

Reaction score
My factory track rod joint failed at 8,300 miles on my level 2015 Regular cab. Depressing to say the least. Replaced it with the OUO joint, 12,600 now, no more death wobble. No more failure

If I get under the truck and move on the trac bar will I notice slop in the ball joint if it failed?

ShotgunDave

Reaction score
i hear you-i quoted that other guy whos truck looks like a chitting dog...he wonders why he has bump steer? LOL

Actually, doosh bag, it had bump steer before I added the RCX leveling kit and my alignment has been checked twice to verify I don't have any issues.

Apparently you've never seen pictures of trucks sitting on a hill before.

Layson

Reaction score
If I get under the truck and move on the trac bar will I notice slop in the ball joint if it failed?

It is hard to tell, when it is real bad you can wiggle it. But it can be going out and you can't just wiggle it to figure it out. You might try having someone turn the steering wheel while you watch it....might see something?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Actually, doosh bag, it had bump steer before I added the RCX leveling kit and my alignment has been checked twice to verify I don't have any issues.

Apparently you've never seen pictures of trucks sitting on a hill before.

He's kinda right though...if all you added was a leveling kit and didn't do the caster shims or do anything to center the axle you have alignment issues no matter what a shop tells you.

ShotgunDave

Reaction score
He's kinda right though...if all you added was a leveling kit and didn't do the caster shims or do anything to center the axle you have alignment issues no matter what a shop tells you.

Well if that's the case there are certainly better ways to say it than to talk **** right off the bat about someone's truck. Just sayin

Latest posts

Members online