Stock headlights are terrible!!

chappy

Reaction score
Retro solutions is junk. I have had nothing but problems from retro solutions crappy quality ballasts. There bulbs seem to be good but retro solutions ballasts are complete china junk. They will not warrenty there junk either. They always seem to blame it on the customer. Had problems with a ballast on my head lights and a ballast on my fog lights and both were warranty denied. They will not give you a new one for free.

chappy

Reaction score
TRS is a good cheaper system out there. You can buy A china kit or a high dollar ballast kit with manufactorer ballasts. There cheaper kit which is similar to retro solutions is a better choice then retro solutions because they will actually warrenty there product. It is a china made ballast like retro solutions but you don't have to send it in even for a refund. They will send you a new one for free. There customer service seems far superior as well compared to a rip off like retro solutions. There warrenty is only 3 year but they will actually replace it. What good is a lifetime warrenty if you have a business like retro solutions that will never actually warranty it. I'm sure they do once in awhile but thats just to keep from looking like they never do.Check them out on hid planet

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I think I'm going to take advantage of cyber Monday and go ahead and order the DDM tuning 6000k heads and fogs. I really want to get a rigid industries bar and mount in the bumper but they cost an arm and a leg!!!

DarkKCStroker

Reaction score
PIAA is the way to go. The Extreme White bulbs are great, not to mention the PIAA 510 Extreme White SMR Fog's and PIAA 540 Extreme Whilte Driving lights in the Road Armor bumper. 6 lights is way better than 2!

The PIAA kits are great. Excellent wiring kits. Easy bolt on and wire up. Put on both sets, wired and aimed in an hour and 15 mintues.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't wanna have to use warranty on anything. I have retro in my reg cab and they work fine all the time. Only thing I don't like is the high beam really isn't a high beam. I did have some issues in my crew cab and don't want to have that 1000 miles away from home.

Piaa makes a great lamp. Just unsure if its the housing or the bulb. I'm all for better lighting so if someone had a solid non hid would do it.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I don't wanna have to use warranty on anything. I have retro in my reg cab and they work fine all the time. Only thing I don't like is the high beam really isn't a high beam. I did have some issues in my crew cab and don't want to have that 1000 miles away from home.

Piaa makes a great lamp. Just unsure if its the housing or the bulb. I'm all for better lighting so if someone had a solid non hid would do it.

That's why I always kept the stock bulbs in the glove box in my last truck in case the HIDs took a crap out on the road.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think I am going to take advantage of cyber monday and try to pick up a set of the PIAA extreme white head lights and fog lights tomorrow. I will let you guys know how they are

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think I am going to take advantage of cyber monday and try to pick up a set of the PIAA extreme white head lights and fog lights tomorrow. I will let you guys know how they are

Please do. I loved their 4 inch lights in my road armor bumper. If they are anything like that they will be great. Please keep me posted

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Retro solutions is junk. I have had nothing but problems from retro solutions crappy quality ballasts. There bulbs seem to be good but retro solutions ballasts are complete china junk. They will not warrenty there junk either. They always seem to blame it on the customer. Had problems with a ballast on my head lights and a ballast on my fog lights and both were warranty denied. They will not give you a new one for free.

I am with you on that, I threw mine away and went to silvertstars. Couldn't be happier even with 35% on the windshield.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I really don't man. I went from the hids to the silverstars. They are surely brighter than stock but def not HIDs. I also was glad to get rid of the hids due to the unwanted attention I feel like they bring.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I really don't man. I went from the hids to the silverstars. They are surely brighter than stock but def not HIDs. I also was glad to get rid of the hids due to the unwanted attention I feel like they bring.

No problem just figured I would ask. I don't buy allot of light claims. Thanks for input. Hids don't get much attention from the fuzz around here but I'll be on the road with thus truck more and don't need problems.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
No problem just figured I would ask. I don't buy allot of light claims. Thanks for input. Hids don't get much attention from the fuzz around here but I'll be on the road with thus truck more and don't need problems.

Here either but I feel it's one more thing to get them looking in my direction or waiting to look as they see em from a mile haha. But I'm completely with you on the problems side of it. That's all I had with mine the last 2 years I had em. Alot less weak links or issues to be had with just plugging a bulb in the factory plug. I think you mentioned it but I've heard good things about the PIAA bulbs just know they are pricey.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was going to go with the new phillups bulbs but they don't have matching fogs so I ordered head and fog lights of the PIAA's this morning. Ill update when I get them in

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I was going to go with the new phillups bulbs but they don't have matching fogs so I ordered head and fog lights of the PIAA's this morning. Ill update when I get them in

Pictures too please if possible.

Sent from a crack house somewhere in the hood!

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Just ordered the 55w DDM kit for the headlights and the 35w kit for the fogs, hopefully it will workout good!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of bad luck with HIDs In here. Maybe I'm lucky but I have never had an issue with any HIDs I have used.

Latest posts

Members online