Stock headlights are terrible!!

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Well just posted this on the other Hid thread so what the hell...

Haven't read the complete posting but Hids require projection housings they cannot be focused correctly using stock reflectors period. So if you want Hids done correctly..

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18325

Using higher wattage bulbs in '05 up trucks..

The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public.
The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and can melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended

No harness or relay will fix the problem of to small of terminals.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Well this sucks, got my DDM kit in and the wiring harness they sent isn't long enough to reach both headlights!! Ugh I think in just going to send it back and get the PIAA bulbs that were mentioned.

Oh and whoever said it is easy to just pop the fender liner out to get to the lights, yea it's not as easy as it sounds. How the hell did Ford expect the average person with no tools to change a burnt out bulb on these trucks?!

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Well this sucks, got my DDM kit in and the wiring harness they sent isn't long enough to reach both headlights!! Ugh I think in just going to send it back and get the PIAA bulbs that were mentioned.

Oh and whoever said it is easy to just pop the fender liner out to get to the lights, yea it's not as easy as it sounds. How the hell did Ford expect the average person with no tools to change a burnt out bulb on these trucks?!

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble man but that was really all it was on mine like 3 screws on each side for the liner and then snake your arm through to the back of the headlights. Don't get me wrong it was a tight fit my arm didn't make it on one side and had to get my dad to do it.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had so much trouble man but that was really all it was on mine like 3 screws on each side for the liner and then snake your arm through to the back of the headlights. Don't get me wrong it was a tight fit my arm didn't make it on one side and had to get my dad to do it.

I think my problem was I'm a pretty big guy with really big hands and I don't fit in small spaces to easily LOL

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I think my problem was I'm a pretty big guy with really big hands and I don't fit in small spaces to easily LOL

Yeah same here that's why my dad had to get to the one on the drivers side for me. All in all it was still WAY faster IMO and easier than taking the grill and other stuff off.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.