Stock turbo with 238/100s

bruce

Reaction score
Yep, just like that drag car I was watching on YouTube, twin 92mm turbos makin 2600hp at 15psi.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Are you on drugs? There's a lot of problems, #1 you are way out of its compressor map, I wouldn't be surprised if you are actually losing power, second, boost numbers don't mean power so while it sounds cool to tell all the highschool girls , anyone with any experience will know for a fact that you're retarded. Third, that turbo will NOT last at 38 psi. It won't last at 35 or even 33. 30 is even pushing it.

On Edit: also don't be a douche and give out ****ty advice for someone else to come along and read, and then think it's legit.
Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

Good advice right there^^^^

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Tell me again the difference between gas turbo application that don't make as much boost as we do. Compression?

Reaction score
Are you on drugs? There's a lot of problems, #1 you are way out of its compressor map, I wouldn't be surprised if you are actually losing power, second, boost numbers don't mean power so while it sounds cool to tell all the highschool girls , anyone with any experience will know for a fact that you're retarded. Third, that turbo will NOT last at 38 psi. It won't last at 35 or even 33. 30 is even pushing it.

On Edit: also don't be a douche and give out ****ty advice for someone else to come along and read, and then think it's legit.
Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

Have you ever thought about not being such a prick when you post??? What was the point in calling him a douche???
Was the OP even asking for advice on a turbo to run with 238/100s??? No he was asking for similar setup to compare his boost numbers too. Maybe you should reread the tread where the OP pointed this out.
Did he say anything about the power that he was making? No he didnt. Did he say anything about those boost numbers being cool?? No he simply stated his boost number that he is seeing with his stock turbo and 250/100s as the OP asked for. Did he say that the turbo will live a long life at this level?? NO. Fwiw that turbo has lasted 5k miles so far being beat on every day and a CCSB truck on 35s is running 8.7s with stock turbo, stock hpop, and stock TRANS. That is with gearhead tunes that defuel while shifting. If it blows it blows then he can go bigger.

That being said is the turbo out of its compressor map? Hell yeah. Does everybody know this? I hope so... Is this the ultimate setup for a stock turbo? Not at all! Is it function and makes power on a budget? Yes it does very well for what it is.

Next time before flogging somebody for posting especially to that degree of disrespect make sure you know what the tread is even about.

Rant Over

V-Ref

Reaction score
And now....we have....reached the bottom....

I'm waiting to see a HPOP oil change thread any day now.

How do you put a shovel full of dirt on top of a thread that was dead after the first post?

Reaction score
And now....we have....reached the bottom....

I'm waiting to see a HPOP oil change thread any day now.

How do you put a shovel full of dirt on top of a thread that was dead after the first post?

The tread as a whole was misinformed from the start, that a boost number has much correlation to the health of injectors at all. It could have been handled in a much different way instead people just calling them a dumb ass. It should have been explained that boost is merely a measure of restriction and there are several factors that are involved. BOOM end of thread.

It is post like his that deter people from even asking questions. It is the lack of respect for other people and the legerity to "bite peoples head off" for posting. When i first started posting i was hesitant because of people like this. What is the point of even asking questions if your going to be insulted.

I thought these forums where made to inform people. How do you learn you ask questions, and lately the common responses have been stfu your a dumb ass. Thats very informative didnt know that thank you. Not like there is alot going on on these forums lately, kind of dead if you ask me.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Have you ever thought about not being such a prick when you post??? What was the point in calling him a douche???
Was the OP even asking for advice on a turbo to run with 238/100s??? No he was asking for similar setup to compare his boost numbers too. Maybe you should reread the tread where the OP pointed this out.
Did he say anything about the power that he was making? No he didnt. Did he say anything about those boost numbers being cool?? No he simply stated his boost number that he is seeing with his stock turbo and 250/100s as the OP asked for. Did he say that the turbo will live a long life at this level?? NO. Fwiw that turbo has lasted 5k miles so far being beat on every day and a CCSB truck on 35s is running 8.7s with stock turbo, stock hpop, and stock TRANS. That is with gearhead tunes that defuel while shifting. If it blows it blows then he can go bigger.

That being said is the turbo out of its compressor map? Hell yeah. Does everybody know this? I hope so... Is this the ultimate setup for a stock turbo? Not at all! Is it function and makes power on a budget? Yes it does very well for what it is.

Next time before flogging somebody for posting especially to that degree of disrespect make sure you know what the tread is even about.

Rant Over

Im assuming by "tread" you mean thread, regardless how many new guys read through these forums looking for direction throughout their builds, then read his post which is pretty much implying that a stock turbo can handle 250/100s with no problems, and then exit out of psa, never to return to the thread thinking they can run a stocker on that amount of fuel. Then, their turbo craps the bed and they post all over FB saying the guys at PSA are dumb and don't know what their talking about. my point being is I don't care what section, or thread it is... If you post false information you are gonna get ripped.

The OPs question was regarding how much PSI the stocker SHOULD put out. a stock turbo, in any situation SHOULD never push past 30 to be reliable and most don't. Left uncorrected, the OP is now going to waste his time and effort chasing down boost leaks, drive pressure leaks, and dicking with the wastegate and deal with the frustration of not being able to figure out why his stock turbo isn't pushing 38 # ORRRR he is going to wire the gate shut, hit the magical 38 psi then blow his damn turbo and wonder wth is wrong.

Nothing about that post was in any way helpful, or constructive. As a guy who ran 250/100s on a stocker that lasted almost 7k miles only at 34-35 psi why in the HELL would I not say a word knowing that turbo cant handle it and wont last...

Reaction score
Im assuming by "tread" you mean thread, regardless how many new guys read through these forums looking for direction throughout their builds, then read his post which is pretty much implying that a stock turbo can handle 250/100s with no problems, and then exit out of psa, never to return to the thread thinking they can run a stocker on that amount of fuel. Then, their turbo craps the bed and they post all over FB saying the guys at PSA are dumb and don't know what their talking about. my point being is I don't care what section, or thread it is... If you post false information you are gonna get ripped.

The OPs question was regarding how much PSI the stocker SHOULD put out. a stock turbo, in any situation SHOULD never push past 30 to be reliable and most don't. Left uncorrected, the OP is now going to waste his time and effort chasing down boost leaks, drive pressure leaks, and dicking with the wastegate and deal with the frustration of not being able to figure out why his stock turbo isn't pushing 38 # ORRRR he is going to wire the gate shut, hit the magical 38 psi then blow his damn turbo and wonder wth is wrong.

Nothing about that post was in any way helpful, or constructive. As a guy who ran 250/100s on a stocker that lasted almost 7k miles only at 34-35 psi why in the HELL would I not say a word knowing that turbo cant handle it and wont last...

"haha I know I know, I'm actually trying to determine the health of my injectors if that makes any sense. Just not sure if they are flowing as much fuel as they should be. I'll be getting a bigger turbo down the road..." Straight from post #4

The entire purpose of this thread was to determine the health of the OPs injectors. As stated above the OP corrected his opening statement about how much boost a stock turbo should push to this. At this point it should have become clear that the OP was misinformed and needed to be directed about what boost was and the factors effecting it. The OP was never asking how to increase his boost or wiring wastegates shut, he asked what boost numbers do others see with a similar setup. There where no recommendations made in the thread only facts of there setups. If people are to dumb to read an entire thread then i feel no mercy for them. Me personally i do plenty of research on a topic or product before perusing it as should others.

The yahoo running 38psi is my brother and was a very constructive statement directed toward the information the OP was asking for. The OP was asking for boost numbers of similar setups. Did he recommend that setup? No he simply answered the OPs question. The part that gets me is you disrespecting someone for a post that is exactly what the OP asked for.

The entire thread was useless from the start because what the OP was asking for has little correlation to the answer he wanted to actually know. I dont think you realize yet the purpose of the OP asking what he did. I wasnt to see how he could increase boost or what the correct boost that should be run from a stock turbo.

Seems to me you need to practice your reading comprehension skills and reread this thread before posting like a prick any more.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
actually...
"

The entire purpose of this thread was to determine the health of the OPs injectors. As stated above the OP corrected his opening statement about how much boost a stock turbo should push to this. At this point it should have become clear that the OP was misinformed and needed to be directed about what boost was and the factors effecting it.

So if that's what hes asking for how is someone saying they are hitting 38 psi WITH NO PROBLEMS what he is looking for ???

The part that gets me is you disrespecting someone for a post that is exactly what the OP asked for.

Once agiain it was the comment about having no problems

The entire thread was useless from the start because what the OP was asking for has little correlation to the answer he wanted to actually know. I dont think you realize yet the purpose of the OP asking what he did. I wasnt to see how he could increase boost or what the correct boost that should be run from a stock turbo.

38 psi SHOULD NOT be ran off a stock turbo. I don't understand what part part of that is not sinking in

Seems to me you need to practice your reading comprehension skills and reread this thread before posting like a prick any more.
It seems like you are just a tad butt hurt that your brother posting info implying that it can be done with "no problems", and that he got jumped for it...

Reaction score
He stated that with his current setup he can push 38 psi with no problems. And has not had any problems thus far. Shaft play is not bad and turbo is okay for now.

I dont think that it is sinking in to you that the OP was asking for boost numbers seen from a similar setup NOT what a stock turbo should be ran at. We all know the stock turbos are junk and cant take much but the OP was searching for information about the health of his injectors. Completely wrong way of asking but we have got past that.

We all know that stock turbo are very inefficient past 30 psi and subject to a much shorter life, that has been established. Can it be pushed harder than that? Yes. Will it shorten the life of the turbo? Yes greatly.

I agree with you that the stock turbo is not efficient past 30 psi and lives a much shorter life. That is not what the OP even asked. Try going back and rereading the thread and actually comprehend what the OP was trying to find out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.