Streetmax 65.5R vs Borg Warner 364.5 SXE

Reaction score
Any info on the streetmax compared to the 364.5 SXE? I've heard a lot of great things about the new SXE's. More reliable/beefier than their older brother s300's. The SXE has a 360 thrust bearing, new turbine wheel, and housing changes. Also "heard" that the 364.5 SXE will push as much air while spooling much better than the old S366 due to the new design. Anyone running an SXE and how does it compare to a streetmax? Was set on the streetmax then MPD had to do this to me....😓

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Do you want your truck to spool like stock but with way more power?

Or do you want it to be loud with less bottom end?

I don't think there's really a performance upside to the 364.5 over the streetmaxR

I'm not a non vgt hater, just love the lightning quick spoolup of the vgt's.

Last edited:

Baker42

Reaction score
I just installed my T4 mount and 364.5 SXE this weekend. 95 250, Mods are Adrenaline, Irate E-fuel, 6637, dp tuner, stock sticks. 200/30's, Hydra with ******** tunes soon to come. This turbo woke this old dinosaur up well. More power, faster throttle response, smoother running engine at least 250* drop in EGT. No complaints so far but all I have to compare to is the old TP38. But lovein it so far. MPG seems to be up as well.

Reaction score
Do you want your truck to spool like stock but with way more power?

Or do you want it to be loud with less bottom end?

I don't think there's really a performance upside to the 364.5 over the streetmaxR

I'm not a non vgt hater, just love the lightning quick spoolup of the vgt's.
Thanks for the info. I know the vgts spool faster but will it have the top end the 364.5 SXE will have. And I think the SXE have much improved spooling if I'm not mistaken.

What are the down falls of vgts?

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I know the vgts spool faster but will it have the top end the 364.5 SXE will have. And I think the SXE have much improved spooling if I'm not mistaken.

Used to be reliability, sticking veins, high back pressure.. Not really anything anymore.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I doubt the sx-e even has more top end..

Unless someone has made well over the 600 hp a streetmaxR is capable of with a 364.5?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

downfalls of VGT is back pressure. this hasnt been an issue yet with the 65.5 street max that i know of. they perform VERY well . i've had no complaints from any customers that we've sold one too. just happy folks .

Reaction score
Just learned that the SXE s364.5 will easily make well over +600rwhp with
a 15 cp4.

With a 11-14 cp4 it's 550-575.

To vgt or not to vgt..... To many good options. Guess it just comes down to personal preference.

And I agree with you I haven't heard anyone have negative comments running the streetmax. Nothing but good things to say about it.

Reaction score
They will both make about the same power. The StreetMaxR will just make its power earlier and hold it all the way through the rpm range.

We've had many make 600hp on a single pump.

I'll have some dual pump dyno numbers on one tomorrow so we can compare how much we can gain vs a single 2015 pump. But I'm saying an easy 50hp and hopefully more with added fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm going to shy away from duel fuelers. Plan on ordering a 15 cp4 when I order a turbo. If I can ever decide on a turbo.......😅

May wait on Midwest to come out with their 25% stroker cp4. Interested to see the longevity of it. Would love to go with it if it holds up. I'm a firm believer in over sized parts running at 70-80% capacity instead of pushing undersized parts at 100%. The current stroker cp4s track record scares me though. Don't need metal shards running through my injectors😁🙅🏼🙅🏼🙅🏼

But very interested to see the dyno numbers after tomorrow's run. Always like to learn about new setups and peoples hard work. Good luck.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm going to shy away from duel fuelers. Plan on ordering a 15 cp4 when I order a turbo. If I can ever decide on a turbo.......

May wait on Midwest to come out with their 25% stroker cp4. Interested to see the longevity of it. Would love to go with it if it holds up. I'm a firm believer in over sized parts running at 70-80% capacity instead of pushing undersized parts at 100%. The current stroker cp4s track record scares me though. Don't need metal shards running through my injectors

But very interested to see the dyno numbers after tomorrow's run. Always like to learn about new setups and peoples hard work. Good luck.

Why shy away from a dual fueler? You say oversized parts running at 70-80% capacity but a stroker pump is always under more stress because of the increased stroke of the cam, even if everything goes right it won't last as long as a stock one.

On the other hand dual fuelers take two completely stock pumps and the both share the load, working at even less than 70-80%. This is the most reliable way to provide more fuel to the injectors, Easier installation too!

Reaction score
Yeah, honestly dial pumps is ALWAYS the way to go if your worried about reliability. At 600hp you are running a stock cp4 and cp3 at about 30% at wot.

At the tune of $2500 they aren't that much more than the stroker pumps and will offer much more potential.

higherlife

Reaction score
Has anyone run a street max 65.5 with sp@rtan tuning yet? Any issues?

Reaction score
Are y'all getting close on the 25% stroker cp4 Morgan?

What's the reliability on them looking like?

We've got two text units out running for over a year and somewhere around 20-30k collectively.

Has anyone run a street max 65.5 with sp@rtan tuning yet? Any issues?

Have several guys running them with 15-16 trucks with no issues and have good feedback.

Horsemover

Reaction score
The more I read about the Streetmax the more I think I want one. Realistically a stock 15 would likely be plenty upgrade for my 12 but the Streetmax would leave room to add more fuel if I ever get there.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The more I read about the Streetmax the more I think I want one. Realistically a stock 15 would likely be plenty upgrade for my 12 but the Streetmax would leave room to add more fuel if I ever get there.

Nice thing about the streetmaxR is you can grow into it and you won't have a laggy charger on totally stock fuel.

Never hurts to leave room for more.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

call me when you're ready i have a few of them here.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Realistically thinking about where you drive the truck 98% of the time needs to be considered. Ok so a sxe pushes 600hp on a single pump. But MOST guys drive the truck relatively easy even with 600+ on tap. That's why the modified VGT wins hands down for the average daily driver.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Realistically thinking about where you drive the truck 98% of the time needs to be considered. Ok so a sxe pushes 600hp on a single pump. But MOST guys drive the truck relatively easy even with 600+ on tap. That's why the modified VGT wins hands down for the average daily driver.

Nailed it!

Latest posts

Members online