StreetMaxR 65.5 vs MDP budget s366

dsmracing1

Reaction score
While that is true there isn't much to leave on the table fuel only. maybe 20-30 hp at the most.

So out of curiosities sake, are you basically saying an 11-14 would be more than happy with a stroker 15 pump if someone were to stay with the 65.5 setup??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So out of curiosities sake, are you basically saying an 11-14 would be more than happy with a stroker 15 pump if someone were to stay with the 65.5 setup??

no I'm saying that for most people a bone stock 15 pump would be plenty for them.

Stroker/dual pumps would be for someone who wants to get every last bit out of their set up. I am completely happy with my stroker pump but even for my needs its overkill. Nothing wrong with being a little over built either.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Better to have too much than not enough. I'd much rather run all my parts at 70-80% and be happy with it. The idea of maxing everything out in a dd just doesn't sit well with me. But that's just me.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
no I'm saying that for most people a bone stock 15 pump would be plenty for them.

Stroker/dual pumps would be for someone who wants to get every last bit out of their set up. I am completely happy with my stroker pump but even for my needs its overkill. Nothing wrong with being a little over built either.

Right on, I think I'd sleep better at night with a stroker pump working under less strain. I definitely agree being a little overbuilt is a must...

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Just ordered the Strretmax R with all the intake piping and no limit intake,this should be fun.....

Reaction score
Is the streetmax R 65.5 a drop in turbo without changing anything else on a 2016? I understand fuel should be done for full benefits, but not at this time. Thanks!

Yes it is!! Runs great on stock fuel. Remember the base 2015 charger is designed to operate at 380rwhp. Once tuned and ******d at 500+hp on even a stock 11-14 is plenty adequate. It's a Vgt, so that plays a huge role in its adaptability.

I'd say a 16 will almost max that turbo with stock fuel.

Nope. Not the 65.5... The 62.5 will take everything a 2015 pump will put out and have a clean exhaust stream. StreetMaxR has about 50hp left on the table vs a 15 pump from what we are seeing now.

Got a dyno graph of this? Sounds perfect, like to see power under curve and how much the bigger wheel moves the curve. I e spool.

I'll post a graph of a run here in a bit.

Just ordered the Strretmax R with all the intake piping and no limit intake,this should be fun.....

Thanks for the business! You will have a lot of fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.