Stumped again

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't know, really. I was just fiddling around to see how the app worked. I'll check it out, but I don't really it's designed to do that much indepth.
It did clear the codes.
Need my scanner? Ill be at jims shop tomorrow around noon if you want to come get it. Or could meet somewhere halfway. Between my house and yours?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yes. If you just want to log, maybe test, you don’t even need the license. That’s just programming modules.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
You can also get a free two month license if needed. After it runs out, get another free two month license if needed. That's what I do.

You only need that if you plan to reflash modules with the as builts.

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've seen a hpop make pressure dead headed, but guess it wasn't supplying the flow. Had me stumped for a bit. I felt bad because i had diagnosed as worn out injectors (it did have a little miss to it before hpop failed). Replaced injectors and still wouldn't start. Iirc, it would build hp oil and then fall when watching icp on a scan tool.

psduser1

Reaction score
And you have power to the IDM?
So I tried a different idm as suggested, no change.
Checked ohms through all the injector circuits at the idm plug, all were at 3ish.
However, I didn't see any power to the idm. I checked with the key on, engine off, obviously.
Went back and swapped the idm relays with a couple different relays, no change.
Tried a pats reset again for s&g. Nope.
Checked the fuses with a multimeter, they were all good.
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like I'm pulling the fuse block to check for wiring issues there.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If you performed a koeo buzz test and nothing happened, and you have already treid a known good IDM, then there's got to be a wiring problem somewhere.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Just another thought here, I've see a handful of times, truck will crank but after a few revolutions get weak, and it's caused by loose battery cables, and it refuses to fire the injectors. I'm talking about cable ends you have to put some good force on in order for them to rotate, but still causing an issue.