suncoast trans filter

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hope these help, sorry about the yellow lines(?) may have been set on wrong mode.

63506[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0071.jpg

63508[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0072.jpg

63510[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0073.jpg

63512[/ATTACH]"]
IMG_0074.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 17

BFT

Reaction score
so the elbow with the 90 goes to the cooler and the one closest to the framerail goes to the trans?

ill take a pic tomorrow of mine out of the box

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Metal from the tc would still travel through the trans, go to the cooler then through the extra filter. It should stop it from recirculating through the system. There was no metal in mine from the failure, I haven't yanked the filter yet to see if any metal is in there.

pog

Reaction score
yeah, thats what tadd told me to do...i figured i would take the line out and replace it with the hose, but now that i think of how much of a PITA it was to put those lines in. i think i will do what tadd insisted on:doh:

took a few pics as well, im thinking of doing a small write up if anyone plans on tackling their own trans too
thanks, erik

would appreciate that man

BFT

Reaction score
would appreciate that man

just finished it all up a couple hours ago, (it sucks doing it solo)

i got to get some pictures together and ill do it, probably tomorrow. the only thing i didnt put in was the aux. filter from suncoast, but ill be doing that soon

pog

Reaction score
i will def have a buddy helping me. that sounds good man. thanks
how much time did it take dropping it and installing it?

BFT

Reaction score
installing took me 5-6 hours (texts, phone ringing, blah blah...) i also went over everything 3 times to make sure everything is secure (including converter nuts)

i took my time on taking it out, and mikey helped drop the t-case. i say all in all...it should take you a good day to do this if you have everything set and ready to go (8hrs or so)

edit-this can be done with the majority of hand tools. the only thing you would need is a specialty tool to remove the lines. that is if you are doing that as well.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. Doing it solo, not too much fun. Especially for the first time, not sure if everything is loose or missing something. I get to do it late next week hopefully.

BFT

Reaction score
sweet.....dont you have somewhere to go and something to take somewhere now LOL

lol , ya Rob ! chop- chop ... red trailer "cough" east bound "cough" pueblo "cough" :D :rockon:

missing the trailer...some knuckleheads couldnt finish the trailer on time. hopefully i can pick it up tomorrow and load everything up.
ill probably be leaving in 2 weeks starting monday. the truck has to go for some measurements for the front end suspension set up.

I'm in the same boat as you. Doing it solo, not too much fun. Especially for the first time, not sure if everything is loose or missing something. I get to do it late next week hopefully.

what did you use to drop your tranny? your truck is a LOT taller then mine, and the tranny jack luckily reached it.

its actually not that bad. i was a little uneasy taking off the t-case so mikey swung by and helped me out, the rest i did on my own. if a little ****** can do it, then anyone canLOL

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hahaha, I bought a one ton tranny jack from Napa with the measurements I took. It has about 2" of up travel more than what my truck is sitting at. It was fun getting it out under the frame rail. Took a little maneuverability. I had a ****** help me with the transfer case too. LOL

BFT

Reaction score
i took off shones by hand, but it was lower and closer so it wasnt that bad. the fun part is putting that sucker back on

Erikclaw

Reaction score
i took off shones by hand, but it was lower and closer so it wasnt that bad. the fun part is putting that sucker back on

No doubt! I have done that on my Chevy, but wasn't going to try it on a lifted 3/4 ton diesel.

Latest posts

Members online