superblazin's whicked build

Superblazin

Reaction score
Can u pm me some info on these traction bars. Would rather have something made semi local than deal with customs etc

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I have had a number of pm's also asking for more info on the traction bar set up.
Evolution machine and fabrication, builds their own heim joints, bushings and suspention components.
They currently do not have a "kit" for market.

Clay is a old 4 wheeling buddy of mine, so I have asked him to build my rear suspention components.

I have mentioned the interest from the number of members on the forum and once he builds mine to see the time and materials that go in he may make a template and offer a " consumer purchase" option to his website.

Currently you can order a variety of heim joint sizes and inserts if a guy wanted to tackle building his own brackets and tubes.

I'll keep you posted to when mine happens as I await hoist time with their current buggy builds.

Superblazin

Reaction score
Well see the other thread re: dyno day, we did not see the numbers due to equipment issues.
However 15 plus pulls and the truck is still running as good as the day Shawn gave me the keys after the build.

I pulled the turbo this morning to check everything over and its still tight with zero shaft play!

I have a 2000km highway trip planned this week, so I am looking forward to some mpg calculations.

Still a fun street toy with bolt on parts!

Snoop

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the fiasco on the dyno. Good luck next time.

I'd also be interested in for info for the trac bar "kit" you mentioned.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
UPDATE

So Adrian wanted his stage 4 back after 5000miles in order to see what's wearing, how things are wearing, making sure he is putting a good product on the market. Truck ran great in that time. So we pulled it off, we finally put a s366/73/.70 t3 on the truck. The non vgt is making 50psi running great. Post video soon, the stahe 4 spools faster without a doubt but the 66 is pulling hard. We'll post more infof later today after more testing

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
IMG-20130420-01017.jpg

IMG-20130419-01016.jpg

IMG-20130420-01020.jpg

IMG-20130420-01019.jpg

Told James we needed togo to the back shed for spare parts, what he didn't know was that included a sled ride cause we still have 2 feet of snow lol. He was scared, flash lite in one hand, beer in the other and a drunk redneck upfront running the sled LOL it was funny sh{h:blitzed:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Shawn...James gonna dyno with the 66 just to compare the HP difference between the two? I'm assuming Adrian probably wont have the stage 4 for a little bit to inspect it...you guys just shipped it out to him? Does the 66 pull harder on the top end?

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Not dynoing it, dynonscrewed are a running tool, I hate dynos. James will be taking it to the track. Track mph tells true and all stories.

turbotibbo

Reaction score
any updates on james track times , I am very interested to see what the non vgt was like compared to mtw stage 3. my goal is to have a similar type build .

Superblazin

Reaction score
any updates on james track times , I am very interested to see what the non vgt was like compared to mtw stage 3. my goal is to have a similar type build .

I'm still alive buddy! Been super busy with work, the rain here has been almost biblical so I haven't been able to get to the track!

I drove the 66 for a while until the temp stage 3 came.
The track hadn't opened yet for any runs, This is probably going to get my a** flammed. But I couldn't wait to get the 66 off the truck and go back to the mtw turbo!

I miss my stage 4 dearly but i promised to test the newer stage 3 out for comparisons sake while the stage 4 wheels take take their time getting him

The 66 was ran with different tunes for a fair shake. The 66 does pull hard once lit. But the stage 3 and 4 light Alot quicker!!

The stage 4 is a complete animal on the top end!

The mtw turbos also clean up the 205's a lot better than the 66
Stage 4 almost completely. Stage 3 has more of a haze

windrunner408

Reaction score
Outta curiosity James, what were/are you building for boost numbers. Stage 4, Stage 3, 66, etc.

I can't wait to see what the new Stage 4 wheels look like when their done. Hopefully it's not too much longer.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'm still alive buddy! Been super busy with work, the rain here has been almost biblical so I haven't been able to get to the track!

I drove the 66 for a while until the temp stage 3 came.
The track hadn't opened yet for any runs, This is probably going to get my a** flammed. But I couldn't wait to get the 66 off the truck and go back to the mtw turbo!

I miss my stage 4 dearly but i promised to test the newer stage 3 out for comparisons sake while the stage 4 wheels take take their time getting him

The 66 was ran with different tunes for a fair shake. The 66 does pull hard once lit. But the stage 3 and 4 light Alot quicker!!

The stage 4 is a complete animal on the top end!

The mtw turbos also clean up the 205's a lot better than the 66
Stage 4 almost completely. Stage 3 has more of a haze

Yeah I talked to Adrian last week on the phone and that's what he told me about your experience with the 66. Can't wait for my stage 3... shouldn't be much longer I think.

Superblazin

Reaction score
I have had a stage 3 version on for a couple months now. It was on when I was up in your back yard, but ya didn't stop by. I have logged over 7000 k running it all over for rc races pulling a 8200 lb trailer.
We had to pull fuel back on it with the 205 as it was a bit to smokey for my liking. If you were conscious of throttle position and boost it was manageable at full fuel tuning but not so friendly if you hammer on it off the line while towing.

The mileage this this gets is great. Hand calculated 19.4 average towing and 22.6 empty. On highway.

The turbo spools up fast and pulls hard and I think it would compliment 175-190 cc injectors nicely. Be a great daily driver and street toy for the enthusiast looking for a high 500 hp ride

Track times haven't been produced due to our biblical weather and conflicting work schedules. But it's coming real soon just awaiting a courier with a care package from Adrian.

The stage 4 is still my favorite turbo with the 205's and what I do with the truck