superblazin's whicked build

Superblazin

Reaction score
Greg: The injectors were in there when I bought the truck.

Nate: I didn't have a custom tune rewritten for the stage 3 yet. I only run Eric's tunes and it has extreme street on it now!

Shawn feel free to load up extreme x and get on her for comparison on boost. Oh and in case I haven't mentioned it before. Thanks in advance!

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Can't do anything about the whistle, the gt40 turbine only come in 10 blades, be nice to have a 13blade in it. Glad you took truck for a spin, and gave a little in site on the way the turbo behaved. How the spool time, if slow needs a ficm 40hp tune to wake the turbo down low. I can't wait to see what happens afterwards. Get a hold of Eric he did a live tune with the stage 3 on Brair truck, would just have to tweek for the 205 injectors. That truck had 190/100 and when cruising at 55mph when you hit throttle 3/4 way down the truck gets sideways from tire breaking loose and spinning. The 205 should take it up a notch, should be a nasty truck, and a Cummings heartbreaker.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Can't do anything about the whistle, the gt40 turbine only come in 10 blades, be nice to have a 13blade in it. Glad you took truck for a spin, and gave a little in site on the way the turbo behaved. How the spool time, if slow needs a ficm 40hp tune to wake the turbo down low. I can't wait to see what happens afterwards.

its not just blade count, its blade profile too. My borg 73mm turbine is 10 blade too, but doesnt whistle at all.

If the tuner knows they theyre doing, you dont need an ficm tune at all, ficm tunes just made my truck smoke and run hot.

Superblazin

Reaction score
Nadp treatment will be in the spring. Once the bank of tolerance replenishes with the wife! Not sure what this is gonna cost me with her, but she will allow me to spend on my hobbies as long as she gets the equivilant or more!

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Nadp treatment will be in the spring. Once the bank of tolerance replenishes with the wife! Not sure what this is gonna cost me with her, but she will allow me to spend on my hobbies as long as she gets the equivilant or more!

my compounds/trans cost me an entire ***ing kitchen renovation...

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
its not just blade count, its blade profile too. My borg 73mm turbine is 10 blade too, but doesnt whistle at all.

If the tuner knows they theyre doing, you dont need an ficm tune at all, ficm tunes just made my truck smoke and run hot.

I'll buy the profile of the blades since the blades on the VGT turbo have them shape to catch air better.
Tuner I disagree, this turbo is a completely different turbo that has not been used before. Stage 3 was live tuned by Eric and he put a FICM tune on it to help the response. Pretty sure Eric would have just tuned it without it if he didn't have any use for the FICM.
I haven't messed with non VGT you know them alot better then me for sure, so maybe the non VGT doesn't benefit from the FICM tunes. Might also have to do with injector size, I know I have great response with the FICM tune but I may try to take it off since the
200/150 are put out alot of fuel.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Call up Matt @ Gearhead and Bill at PHP they will explain it better if you'd like. On the other hand Eric told me he built his xtreme x around his ficm tuning so they're meant to be run together. The truck probably will benefit if he's running both Erics ecm and ficm files, because they were meant to run together.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Call up Matt @ Gearhead and Bill at PHP they will explain it better if you'd like. On the other hand Eric told me he built his xtreme x around his ficm tuning so they're meant to be run together. The truck probably will benefit if he's running both Erics ecm and ficm files, because they were meant to run together.

My Extreme X tune paired with Bill's Atlas 40 runs amazing. Eric and I talked and he advised me to step down from the Hercules 100 to the Atlas 40. The truck runs so much better, it's unreal. The EGT's are awesome and it even seems to have better response. I know it's running faster, I took a couple video's of the speedo and compared them. Comparable weather and same stretch of road the truck picks up faster and continues to pull harder until I let out around 95mph. The Atlas 40 or Eric's mild FICM tune is definately the way to go when running aggressive ECM tunes IMHO.

Superblazin

Reaction score
Well I enjoyed a night of sleeping alone as Shawn and I ordered another "Item". :thumbsup:
Looks like I'm taking the wife to the Opera next week :wtf:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
No point screwing around. I told him his tranny wouldn't hold so he spent lots of money yesterday LOL

Dave

Reaction score
An NADP trans for 3 hours of fat ladies singing.

Tough choice:ford:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.