superblazin's whicked build

Extended Power

Reaction score
Port 'er a little bit...should help a little bit...maybe not...:lookaround:

Looking forward to the finished results!

Attachments

• T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMGP0592%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    IMGP0592%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 126

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Should be a nice comparison, What tune are you going to run. You going to get truck live tune or run a email tune? I'm not up on the Non vgt so do they run a different tune altogether? Sorry for all the questions just want to know more info. I like the comparison, so members can see the difference, but I also think you should do a driving review, spool, how truck feels out on the street, I have always heard of the spool and lag of non vgt but never was in a truck with one and my only experience is with vgt, does it spool faster or not? Thanks

TooMuch03

Reaction score
This should be interesting. Tuning is going to play a huge role. The two turbos can't be run on the same tune, that wouldn't be fair to one of the turbos. Are you going to have the same tuner write two tunes, one for each turbo?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Not the Stage 3, like he has. That thing will either work or it won't. He will need tuning for it, which is different than a stock turbo tune, but Eric is AWESOME at tuning for it now. I am running his Xtreme X for it and I LOVE IT. I have no doubts that he will too.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Should be a nice comparison, What tune are you going to run. You going to get truck live tune or run a email tune? I'm not up on the Non vgt so do they run a different tune altogether? Sorry for all the questions just want to know more info. I like the comparison, so members can see the difference, but I also think you should do a driving review, spool, how truck feels out on the street, I have always heard of the spool and lag of non vgt but never was in a truck with one and my only experience is with vgt, does it spool faster or not? Thanks

first of all eric is the only person who tunes anything i run, second live tunning does nothing for wide open throttle high hp, live tunning cleans up the drivibility part, im tired of listening to you say it doesnt perform cause its not lived tuned. my race truck ran 10.2@137 with a email tune. there will be no excusses, when we dyno its not going to be trying to prove one better than the other. they will be real results, same day, same dyno, same tuner, this is going to be real,true life, none judgemental results. we don't own a shop, nor do we get discounts for the results posted. therefore we will provide true results, rant over

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
first of all eric is the only person who tunes anything i run, second live tunning does nothing for wide open throttle high hp, live tunning cleans up the drivibility part, im tired of listening to you say it doesnt perform cause its not lived tuned. my race truck ran 10.2@137 with a email tune. there will be no excusses, when we dyno its not going to be trying to prove one better than the other. they will be real results, same day, same dyno, same tuner, this is going to be real,true life, none judgemental results. we don't own a shop, nor do we get discounts for the results posted. therefore we will provide true results, rant over

I think there is a misunderstanding in what I meant. I know that live tuning clears the truck better for street manners. As far as I'm concern a live tune will make any turbo perform better, just fine tunes the truck and combo better. I have had alot of problems in the past with trying to get a tune to work with the turbo, since the ecm likes to open vanes and get rid of boost, if the backpressure and air flow are not where it likes it. I was asking if you were going to use two different tunes one for non vgt and one for vgt. As I stated before I'm not into non vgt and don't know the tuning involved to make them run right or if you can just use one tune for both.I'm glad you are doing the test, since I know what my truck puts down with the 200/150 injetors. The one you built should be close to mine. Yes I did get my truck running right, head gasket hurt just alittle, but the truck is a monster with the stage 3 and 200/150 injectors. Also with Eric's e-mail tune, and will be getting numbers very soon. I believe you will provide the most fairest conitions for the test. You must have had a bad day for you to go off on me, I meant nothing negative from the reply, and it was actually question, that I know you could answer about the non vgt. I would like to talk to someone the runs the non vgt turbo and go for rides in their trucks to see how they work for myself. My rant is also over Thanks.

Last edited:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Nope didn't have a bad day. Just hate pucking ecusess why stuff don't work. Needs live tunning. Needs this, needs that. One day people will learn it is what it is, you've called some big fuel only numbers with no results. Take it for what its worth. I'm an a$$hole and I know it LOL

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Nope didn't have a bad day. Just hate pucking ecusess why stuff don't work. Needs live tunning. Needs this, needs that. One day people will learn it is what it is, you've called some big fuel only numbers with no results. Take it for what its worth. I'm an a$$hole and I know it LOL

Yes...you are an a$$hole. ;):D

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I know Garret, I know it and u know it. See you in the spring buddy. Maybe by then you'll have a truck too LOL

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

Yes I know I have called some big numbers and fell short. I have learned my lesson, I won't bring up any numbers until I have proof. My truck has been a good truck but when I let a unknow transmission shop build my tranny to give them a shot, it back fired on me and lost 1 month due to it. I got truck back after a real transmission shop built it, so I had no time to set my truck up myself. I do realize that nobody really knows me and alot of the turbos that I have been building came out of no where, but I plan on showing what I can do. I have all sorts of combos for what ever rwhp people with 6.0 powerstroke want, but I do need to prove myself. I did have Nate's truck at 605rwhp on dyno, but never back it up, and then there was Brair, 623rwhp on Eric's dyno and 106.9 mph at the 1/4 mile at a 8000lb wieght which is 650-660rwhp on 190/100 injectors. Of course I got alot of this truck being a freak, than there's one stage 4 that is a great turbo but just no time for dyno runs. I haven't been building powerstroke turbos that long( do have 80-90 out there ) so there are going to be set backs. Just know this I'm not a punk kid, I'm in my late 40's and have been around a long time in performance. I do not say anything that I can not back up, and I have little time left this year to get the proof, but I will. As far as you being a assh*** nah I don't think so I have work with and dealt with assh**** that put 90% of the people to shame.

Superblazin

Reaction score
This should be interesting. Tuning is going to play a huge role. The two turbos can't be run on the same tune, that wouldn't be fair to one of the turbos. Are you going to have the same tuner write two tunes, one for each turbo?

Sorry for the late Chime in, busy busy with work and I'm too tired to multi quote tonight!

- Eric will be handing the Tunes (both of them) Thanks in advance Eric!

- The truck will be driven to the Dyno with the stage 3 on and tested, then driven back to Shawn's. Turbos, pipes and tunes swapped then driven back to Dyno! Then back to Shawn's swap turbo's and pipes back!

- I ordered a boost gauge to hook up and log Back pressure, should be here this week.

-I'm driving my single cab chev Work truck up to Shawn's (4 Hrs), with my car trailer and will load it on and tow home! Maybe the same night if Mr. Gibson doesn't get in the way!

-I just received my A.E program but not sure if it came with the ford bundle? Second disk? I also need a laptop! If I find time between now and then to go buy a cheep one I will data log all events.

Further to Shawn's comments "We are not sponsored!"

I am and have paid full off the shelf retail, International shipping, Duties, Core Charges, Labour and Dyno fees!

We are doing the second test for fun and information purposes! The results will be exactly that. Results!

Other than that I'm pretty excited and incase any one hasn't told Shawn yet today "your an A%#hole".
Thanks for being honest buddy, your opinions are what got us here!

:nopics:

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Sorry for the late Chime in, busy busy with work and I'm too tired to multi quote tonight!

- Eric will be handing the Tunes (both of them) Thanks in advance Eric!

- The truck will be driven to the Dyno with the stage 3 on and tested, then driven back to Shawn's. Turbos, pipes and tunes swapped then driven back to Dyno! Then back to Shawn's swap turbo's and pipes back!

- I ordered a boost gauge to hook up and log Back pressure, should be here this week.

-I'm driving my single cab chev Work truck up to Shawn's (4 Hrs), with my car trailer and will load it on and tow home! Maybe the same night if Mr. Gibson doesn't get in the way!

-I just received my A.E program but not sure if it came with the ford bundle? Second disk? I also need a laptop! If I find time between now and then to go buy a cheep one I will data log all events.

Further to Shawn's comments "We are not sponsored!"

I am and have paid full off the shelf retail, International shipping, Duties, Core Charges, Labour and Dyno fees!

We are doing the second test for fun and information purposes! The results will be exactly that. Results!

Other than that I'm pretty excited and incase any one hasn't told Shawn yet today "your an A%#hole".
Thanks for being honest buddy, your opinions are what got us here!

:nopics:

Thanks for clearing all of this up. I ma very excited to see the results!

FaSSt9602

Reaction score

Shawn, I would love to see you throw a T4 into the comparison mix and put that to rest too... :drool:

Latest posts

Members online