superduty prerunner project

JMart

Reaction score
I vote full bed cage, then you can sell your bed to recover some costs instead of chopping up a good short bed. Unless it is rusting out underneath. Then my idea is pointless.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I vote full bed cage, then you can sell your bed to recover some costs instead of chopping up a good short bed. Unless it is rusting out underneath. Then my idea is pointless.

yup that was the plan. no a single speck of rust on it. lol truck only has 70k and 40k of that has been on salt free Oklahoma roads

JMart

Reaction score
yup that was the plan. no a single speck of rust on it. lol truck only has 70k and 40k of that has been on salt free Oklahoma roads

I need a bed. My cross bars are rusting out underneath. Just sayin. Remember me, or trade me if you decide to start hacking that one up.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Well you already addressed the issue of the up travel I was going to point out with the fact you are building an engine cage. I'm trying to "picture" how you'd run compounds and an engine cage, and that's ALOT of plumbing.....but with the radiator in the back it might work, what about the intercooler though? Any way to rework that? Maybe a more compact but "fatter" unit? If that makes sense.....

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Intercooler will still be up front as air to air. Probably just stay in the factory location.

With the turbos up front the piping would be really short Lol only thing going on top would be going to the intake manifold. And I would probably use a 6.4 manifold so the intake is angled forward more

Nic

Reaction score
Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
have you thought about one of those 50" curved light bars for the roof? Would look good on what youre doing. Also, you can make a tire holder into the rear bumper that looks pre-runner that also swings open so you can load a quad. That would be cool.

Your new to this thread arnt you LOL

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
have you thought about one of those 50" curved light bars for the roof? Would look good on what youre doing. Also, you can make a tire holder into the rear bumper that looks pre-runner that also swings open so you can load a quad. That would be cool.

All thats already been covered.

PDT1081

Reaction score
That adds complexity to the truck. Sticking with air to air in the front I think there is room for the turbos with it there

How close are you to doing a full tube chassis? Bed cage, engine cage, roll cage in the cab. Full tube chassis, move the firewall and motor back and you'll have zero issues with room in front of the motor.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
pretty far from that I think. That would be a whole new ball game and probably years of fabricating for me.

the engine cage isnt going to be big its only 2 loops for the shocks and a cross over bar.

131_0602_02_z+february_2006_4x4_products+engine_cage.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
pretty far from that I think. That would be a whole new ball game and probably years of fabricating for me.

the engine cage isnt going to be big its only 2 loops for the shocks and a cross over bar.

131_0602_02_z+february_2006_4x4_products+engine_cage.jpg

Is that a kit someone sells?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
Does Giant make an engine cage kit for the Superduties? I know they make a beam kit but their site isn't working on my computer for some reason.

Latest posts

Members online