Supporting mods done... Next step?

yavorssj

Reaction score
I am having injector issues and figured it would be a good time to upgrade... I am pretty much thinking I am going to get Full Force injectors and a Hydra Chip from PHP. What I need help with is how to get the most bang for the buck and be happy with the setup.

The current mods are: BTS Valve Body, 6.0 tranny cooler, Driven Diesel Post-Pump Fuel Filter, Driven Diesel Fuel Bowl Delete Regulated Return, HPX Crossover Line, AFE Stage II Intake, Magnaflow Turbo Back 4" SS Exhaust, Hutch/Harpoon Mod, and a Driven Diesel Pre-Pump Fuel Filter.

Anyway, I would like to upgrade the injectors, which means I need to upgrade the chip and turbo. I am not wanting to go WILD... I want more power than stock, but am mainly wanting reliability. Maybe go as high as 350 hp (or a little more), but not in daily driver mode. I am unsure as to the size injector I should go with, but I am thinking about a tuned down FF single shot 238/100%? Then again, I would like to keep costs down as well... So maybe Stage II 160’s? What I do not want to do is go so big that drivability and reliability become an issue. The cost issue mainly comes in when I considered that if I went with monster injectors, I would have to spend another two or three grand on other supporting mods (turbo, HPOP, etc...).

This brings me to the turbo... I do not want to spend a few thousand on a new turbo/mounting system. Since I saw the threads on the Gen II Wicked Wheel, I thought this would be a good compromise: Get the WW II and rebuild the turbo while I am at it. But what about the housings? Pedestal? Keep the EPV or veer towards a WW II/Van combo?

Anyway, advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

yavorssj

Reaction score
That sounds about right... Regarding the FF injectors, what is the difference between a Stage 1 160, amd a Stage 2 160? I could not really tell by looking at the website...

yavorssj

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce...

This is why I come to the Army.:pint:

Now I just have to decide if I want to spend the extra $500 for the 100% nozzles...

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you want 350hp, no. If you want 400-425, get the 160/100. Then you WILL need an aftermarket hpop. Your turbo will work to a point but it wont clean up stg II's and will fail prematurely.

yavorssj

Reaction score
If you want 350hp, no. If you want 400-425, get the 160/100. Then you WILL need an aftermarket hpop. Your turbo will work to a point but it wont clean up stg II's and will fail prematurely.

When you say "your turbo," do you mean my current stock one, or a WW2 van setup?

Black 02

Reaction score

Depends on the condition of the HPOP. My stocker ran the FF 160cc/100% injectors just fine. 3100 psi @ WOT. Had a bad leak, so I just upgraded to the T-500.

Regarding the turbo, that is correct. The stock gt38 will not take the bigger injector abuse for long. Bearings went out in mine after about 30k. Plus, on my race tune, the EGT's were kinda high. 1600F anyone???? :jammin::jammin:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Depends on the condition of the HPOP. My stocker ran the FF 160cc/100% injectors just fine. 3100 psi @ WOT. Had a bad leak, so I just upgraded to the T-500.

Regarding the turbo, that is correct. The stock gt38 will not take the bigger injector abuse for long. Bearings went out in mine after about 30k. Plus, on my race tune, the EGT's were kinda high. 1600F anyone???? :jammin::jammin:

My new international hpop would not hold icp in a race tune. Drop.to 2800 at wot. I was told thats normal. That isnt good hpo however.

Op-the van turbo isnt your turbo so I was not referring to it.

under pressure

Reaction score

Still debatable ....
PHP dyno a clean 399 w/ WW.....just sayin

under pressure

Reaction score
My new international hpop would not hold icp in a race tune. Drop.to 2800 at wot. I was told thats normal. That isnt good hpo however..

Thats blows, not the first time ive seen that though.
Isnt the T500 cheaper than the IH hpop, better hpop for the money.

Latest posts

Members online