Supporting mods done... Next step?

bruce

Reaction score
I should know this but don't , what are the AC's nozzle and cc size that folks are always recommending for the mild build ?

Ac's came stock in some form of 7.3 never in a superduty though. Just 160cc single shot stock nozzle. Brand new ac's are basically stage 1's

4duggan

Reaction score
Ac's came stock in some form of 7.3 never in a superduty though. Just 160cc single shot stock nozzle. Brand new ac's are basically stage 1's

Thanks , knew I could count on you to answer that for me . You or Joe . OP sory fro mucking up your thread. Want to put a set in my dump truck.

under pressure

Reaction score
PIS? Who is PIS? :lookaround:

Performance Injection Service..... Tims very knowledgable fella.

I will add, for the money, imho, his 175/30 seems to be a smokin deal, uses same amount hpo as stock split shots but delivering 175cc @2500 rpm at 3000 icp.
That said, thats well over 400 hp worth of fuel, so tuning down to a mild hp level of 350/375ish will require even less hpo and may very well work for you on a good stock hpop.

And, when 350ish becomes boring, you can make a lil more power !

under pressure

Reaction score

I believe a commercial line with the 7.3. Heck, could have been the yellow school bus :)

yavorssj

Reaction score
Performance Injection Service..... Tims very knowledgable fella.

I will add, for the money, imho, his 175/30 seems to be a smokin deal, uses same amount hpo as stock split shots but delivering 175cc @2500 rpm at 3000 icp.
That said, thats well over 400 hp worth of fuel, so tuning down to a mild hp level of 350/375ish will require even less hpo and may very well work for you on a good stock hpop.

And, when 350ish becomes boring, you can make a lil more power !

I just went over their website... Like I said a few posts ago, I think this is what I am going to use.

Regarding me picking up a used van turbo, rebuilding it, and throwing in a wicked wheel... Would this be sufficient? I think it is the most cost effective option at this point, but I have tried to do things cheap in the past and have ended up spending more in the long run. Would I not still have issues with the bushings (vs bearings in more high $$$ setups)? I mean, I am going to be working the turbo harder...

yavorssj

Reaction score
You know, I think I am going to call moremph (Travis D) a call and see if he has any van turbos laying around in his shop. He is right across the river from me, whereas Unlimited is a good two + hours away.

4duggan

Reaction score
You know, I think I am going to call moremph (Travis D) a call and see if he has any van turbos laying around in his shop. He is right across the river from me, whereas Unlimited is a good two + hours away.

Yes call him also check with this guy. As far as 2 hours away , call and talk to him. Still gonna be the closest injector builder to you .
here is the link.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22406

under pressure

Reaction score
I dont believe everything I hear. Just because I run Bills tuning doesnt mean I believe a set of 160cc injectors will blow out 400hp.

With good nozzle, air, hpo and live tune
If one cant make 400 on 160cc of fuel. There's a problem?
Beans pulls 350/360 on 140cc
Swamps pulls 500 on 200cc

Good day !

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'm not far from you. Travis should be able to find you one. Great guy.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

under pressure

Reaction score

I havent seen this set up yet...VT & WW
Interested to hear how this works out. .
especially any lag,
Peak boost, drive pressure, egts ?

yavorssj

Reaction score
I havent seen this set up yet...VT & WW
Interested to hear how this works out. .
especially any lag,
Peak boost, drive pressure, egts ?

Well, considering you are talking to the foremost of internet experts, I hereby appoint myself the first among guinea pigs and will post the results of my folly within the next fortnight (or two). For better or worse.

:priest:

We shall see... :pint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online