Suspension question.

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Hey guys, on my 00 F250 2 wheel drive I'm having a problem figuring out what's wrong with it. I put new shocks on it and driving I hear his rattle coming from the front left. Now I was thinking it was a ball joint rattle, my wife's car made the same rattle when her ball joints were bad. So I replaced all ball joints, wheel bearings, rotors, and brakes. But I still have this annoying rattle sound only when I hit hard bumps. Driving not so much, back country road rattle every bump I hit like when the suspension is working up and down. I checked the shock to make sure it was tight. It is. Would bad coil spring make the shock bottom out? I don't know that the are bad, but truck has 333k on it I'm sure they have to be pretty sagged out. If anyone has had a similar prob let me know thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
What kind of wheels? Have chrome/metal center hub caps? Just eliminating the easy stuff.

rustbucket

Reaction score
Check your sway bar end links.Their the usual suspect for a front end noise. And is the rubber bushing still in the shock. I've seen the bushing wear out and the shock bolt oblonged the hole so it would clunk going over bumps

dieselfreak1710

Reaction score
Funny thing you said sway bar end links, yesterday I checked sway bar def the problem I need all new end links. I was getting in here to say I figured it out then seen your post. You were dead on. Good job rust bucket thanks for all your guys help. I app it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online