Swamps 175/146's vs Unlimited 160/30's

toad

Reaction score
After some talking and looking around i've found a couple injectors that seem to catch my eye. My 99.5 has right at 287k miles and the injectors are starting to show it. When i replace them it would be nice to have a little extra power but i'd don't want to have to need to put turbo, hpop, big fuel on it.

I think either would be a great upgrade but i'd like to know you guys who have ran either the swamps 175/146's or Unlimited 160/30's have to say about them

Thanks,
Todd

Big Bore

Reaction score
Why the 175/146's instead of the 175/30%? I'm running the 175/30% and the truck drives like a stocker with the tunes I have but if I slam the peddle it launches. No studs needed with these injectors.

toad

Reaction score
At this point in time the cost is somewhat of a factor. If it wasn't I'd be checking out hybrids, big turbo and the whole 9 yards but for right now all I really need a good reliable daily driven work truck.

TARM

Reaction score
Take some time and read the info on the swamps site as it explains labeling.

The 175/146 is what many call a Stage I injector. Its a 175cc stock nozzle injector

The Unlimited is a 30% over stock flow nozzle.

You need to be comparing the Swamps 175 /30% (use to be called the 175/173) to Unlimited's 30% A code.

Personally I think the 30% is an ideal nozzle for the A code. After that I think the hybrid design offers to many benefits with larger nozzles.

I have not run a 30% A code but have been in a few trucks that had them. Its a very nice mild street towing setup. will break 400 HP will matching air. IMO its a set it and forget injector/plug and play however you want to look at it. With some decent tunes they just work.

Tom S

Reaction score
Frank what injectors did you have on your OBS truck and how do they compare to now?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Frank what injectors did you have on your OBS truck and how do they compare to now?

Those were Swamps Babies which are 150cc stock nozzle. A great upgrade for an OBS for sure, especially with a ZF5 trans, the truck really rocked compared to stock with a chip and those injectors were great for towing. The 175/30% injectors definitely have more power.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
i just bought a set of 175/30% sticks. ill keep you posted when i put them in. but to remind you I've been running my truck with no tunes and i lost and injector for a few months. so I'm hoping to be grinning ear to ear :D

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
hhahaha well its got a 100k on it, not bad for a ford rebuild LOL. after these I'm gonna have to save up for one of them fancy gogo transmissions...

Tom S

Reaction score
Those were Swamps Babies which are 150cc stock nozzle. A great upgrade for an OBS for sure, especially with a ZF5 trans, the truck really rocked compared to stock with a chip and those injectors were great for towing. The 175/30% injectors definitely have more power.

And which was the most daily driver and tow driving at altitude?

Big Bore

Reaction score
And which was the most daily driver and tow driving at altitude?

Which did I use the most? The OBS by far, I'll probably never do as much work with the SD as that truck did.

If you mean which one was most friendly to those conditions, as far as egt's etc I'd say about the same. And really the SD with the 175's is actually a better DD due to the auto trans and taller 3:73's. If I had a 6 speed I'm betting it would do better towing than the OBS with the 150's, but the gearing of the auto trans and axles puts it at the same level.

Tom S

Reaction score
Nice info! I keep toying with the idea of nozzles on and off.

Tom S

Reaction score
Yes, I have babies on my truck currently. I actually like them quite a bit but I am curious about nozzles. I just am not willing to go that way if there is a downside.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I would think the only possible downside would be tuner related. I'm pretty convinced after seeing what Curtis has done, the responses to his thread, and a large amount of reading old threads at PSN, that the bigger nozzles are better. Like Charles and others always said, fuel per time. It seems it's applicable even to the smaller injectors. I'm even reading about 400% nozzles being very streetable.

Latest posts

Members online