Swamps 7.3 common rail

DocBar

Reaction score
If you designed a common rail head for the 7.3 that took the little pencil injectors, you would eliminate the issue of the ports having to go around the injector boss and thus have a bunch more flow potential.
Matt, what do you think the R&D would cost to develop a set of heads like this? It could be fairly cost effective to produce the head, but getting the thing engineered properly would be high, I would think.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That would be cool!! Plus like you said you could just plain outright have a better flowing head as far as the ports go. Would really go good with one of your cams ;)

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt, what do you think the R&D would cost to develop a set of heads like this? It could be fairly cost effective to produce the head, but getting the thing engineered properly would be high, I would think.

I think empire would be the ones to talk to on this.

Reaction score
you could get stupid with it and do a twisted wedge design and actually splay the valves and you could possibly do that. There is no room to do it and keep the valves in line like they are now.

Some aluminum twisted wedge 7.3L heads w/ some nice roller rockers would be awesome, but I'm imagining a $10k+ price tag that nobody would ever pay for. LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Some aluminum twisted wedge 7.3L heads w/ some nice roller rockers would be awesome, but I'm imagining a $10k+ price tag that nobody would ever pay for. LOL

Shti, Travis, the cleaned up ones are close to 5 with yours as cores. So 6200 for jazzed up.stockers.

Reaction score
Shti, Travis, the cleaned up ones are close to 5 with yours as cores. So 6200 for jazzed up.stockers.

To think I only have about $2200 in some CNC 205cc Twisted Wedge heads for my SBF 408w with titanium retainers, different springs, and milling.. God I love parts availability for gassers. LOL

PDT1081

Reaction score

I think you missed a "0" on your estimate. At least for the first set. After the first set the price would probably come down becaue the R&D would be covered, but you'd still be looking at a large chunk of change. You're probably looking at at least 10 sets before you could find someone actually interested in casting them for you.

DocBar

Reaction score
I think empire would be the ones to talk to on this.
Am I thinking right that this would have to be a fully re-engineered head? I can't wrap my mind around a way to do this without starting from scratch with a totally new design. If this is the case, why not look at the reverse flow of the 6.7? Could there be some advantages to gain there? If we're reinventing the 7.3, might as well consider everything on the market today.

:thumbsup:

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Hey guys. Were shooting for TS this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its ready, I'm ready for some seat time and am chomping at the bit to run my truck again. Its been a long wait but I have no doubt it'll be worth it!

With the new can design that Swamps has been working on as well as head porting I think the air flow should be there. They have been making huge gains with 7.3's on their engine dyno. The new turbos should be on the CR motor soon so some huge numbers should be coming soon. Its coming down to the wire for TS but I have all the faith in the team at Swamps to get it done! Thank you guys for showing interest in this long journey!

sent from the sea

DocBar

Reaction score
:jawdrop: SANTA MARIA!!!!!!!!!! I'm just starting a new job in April but may need vacation time!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online