Swamps 900+ hp 7.3 HEUI competition package

vbdzlife

Reaction score
Does this kit really make a 7.3 900 hp with just an s400 80mm? I know there is more in the kit and it does require a few extra parts, fuel system and a transmission, but I'm still having a hard time believing it.

dieselflash

Reaction score
Considering their obs 2wd truck runs 6.89 in the 1/8, that comes out to 900-1000 hp depending on the weight. I figured 6500 pounds and it was 1005hp. It has that engine package I believe.

golfer

Reaction score
The only concern I would have is I don't see rods or a girdle in that kit. That's a lot of fuel and a lot of rpm for stock rods imo.

The kit doesn't include any bottom end 'engine' parts, nor the rotating assembly...just parts necessary to make the power.

it's up to the customer to build/risk the shortblock as they see fit, or purchase the complete engine separately.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Dude I have all that stuff all the way down to the hvhf IDM and I have barely hit 650 according to track times! LOL

Dave I don't mean to step on any toes, but I would say that the 900+ HP has to be using nitrous. If so, How much nitrous?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Dude I have all that stuff all the way down to the hvhf IDM and I have barely hit 650 according to track times! LOL

Dave I don't mean to step on any toes, but I would say that the 900+ HP has to be using nitrous. If so, How much nitrous?

Your running nates inj not swamps right?

Binder man

Reaction score

who's tunes?

Binder man

Reaction score
direct from their site...

Over a year in the making, Swamp's Diesel has pushed the 7.3L performance to a new level with the factory, HEUI injection system...repeatedly developing over 900hp.

This 900hp package will produce a peak of 900hp, but will also have a WIDE hp curve. Making OVER 800hp starting at 2650rpm, & carrying through the peak to well over 4100rpm.

Included in our 900hp package:
304 Stainless t4 turbo mounting system (includes everything required to mount the turbocharger, includes intercooler piping, downpipe, intake pipe, Y-pipe, all new silicon boots and stainless steel T-bolt clamps, as well as new turbo oil feed and return lines
billet 80mm S400 with compressor "race" cover.
Swamp's Competition Fuel System
Swamp's Gen3 HPOP system
Swamp's 400/400 fuel injectors
custom tuned 6 position chip, with our proprietary & dyno proven programming
H11 tool steel head studs (nuts, washers, lube, etc)
Swamp's custom ground camshaft
Swamp's "Stage2" cylinder heads (fully ported, and flow benched, as well as machined for fire ring head gaskets)
Swamp's "Stage 2" beehive valve springs (& new retainers, seats, seat retainers & locks)
Swamp's "Stage2" pushrods (thicker wall than our normal pushrods to prevent pushrod deflection)
Swamp's HVHF IDM
Stainless steel tubular exhaust headers
Fire ring head gaskets

Please include the year, make, model and transmission style for the vehicle in which these components will be installed.
When ordering this package, you will need to provide the following cores (or be billed & then refunded later)
(2) 7.3L Power Stroke cylinder heads
(8) 7.3L fuel injector cores
(1) functioning IDM

Blowby

Reaction score
With nitrous and the 400/400, IDM combo the wide power curve is real. Matt's cam and porting helps too.

Last edited:

David N

Reaction score
Chris, are your heads ported?

Stock heads are really restrictive, and I've had a few conversations lately about the potential power gains of a set of properly ported heads.

Big Calo

Reaction score

Just clarifying, Swamp add is for flywheel horsepower. If you account for drivetrain loss of 25%, it put you pretty close.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yes my heads are supposed to be ported.

I just need to get mine live tuned and start spraying it. Then we'll see how much it makes! :D