Swamps 900+ hp 7.3 HEUI competition package

golfer

Reaction score
Dude I have all that stuff all the way down to the hvhf IDM and I have barely hit 650 according to track times! LOL

Dave I don't mean to step on any toes, but I would say that the 900+ HP has to be using nitrous. If so, How much nitrous?

no offense taken...

there's much more to an injector than cc & nozzle size, as I'm sure you're aware.

There are probably performance injectors on Ebay, that share similar cc & nozzle numbers as well...but I don't think anyone would truly expect them to perform.

all our stated hp numbers are fuel only, no nitrous, single turbo.

all of our dyno runs are performed in accordance with SAE standards for operating an engine dyno, without any correction factor.

same combination with 2 .062 nitrous jets, it makes nearly 1100hp, consistently.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
OK. Well I have a set of Unlimited's awesome panty dropper 400/400's so.... LOL

Aww I just need some more dialing in is all. I need to get Matt up here for some live tuning. It's just a long annoying process.

Very impressive for the old dinosaur.

golfer

Reaction score

Aww I just need some more dialing in is all. I need to get Matt up here for some live tuning. It's just a long annoying process.

thanks & good luck with your combination of parts!

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

I think you need a different turbo.

What turbine wheel ?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark I'm sure I will get told no but. If you guys don't mind me asking (golfer) what kind of pw/timming is in your tunes for the 900hp.

Powersmoker

Reaction score
Haven't tried the S480/96 with a billet compressor wheel and race cover, but my track times / traps are better with the Billet S475/87 over a S480/96 Cast T4I. Personally, I thought the S480 was a tad big for fuel only, needed a good stage of gas to stay on top of the charger after the gear changes. I'm sure the aftermarket cam would help, since it would raise the rpm band higher. That charger loved the juice though haha.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Dude I have all that stuff all the way down to the hvhf IDM and I have barely hit 650 according to track times! LOL

Dave I don't mean to step on any toes, but I would say that the 900+ HP has to be using nitrous. If so, How much nitrous?

Even with a smallish GTX4202R and my tuning 900 fwhp would be easily attained.

I have always said lottsa people with the same parts yet only a handful of fast trucks even fewer on fuel only.
The combination of parts and tuning is much more important than the sum of the parts by themselves.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have had 5 different people tune it and so far my favorite as far as idle quality, shifts, etc is Matt's.

I ran a best of 12.75@105 weighing 7800# and the charger choked on every shift. Next time I run I'll bump the shift points up to 3800 from the current 3250 and introduce a healthy shot of nitrous oxide. I'm going to make that big bastard stay lit.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Even with a smallish GTX4202R and my tuning 900 fwhp would be easily attained.

I have always said lottsa people with the same parts yet only a handful of fast trucks even fewer on fuel only.
The combination of parts and tuning is much more important than the sum of the parts by themselves.

Agreed, ive run many combos. Some flat work better than ever imagined and some that on paper would rock out but just fall short.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I have had 5 different people tune it and so far my favorite as far as idle quality, shifts, etc is Matt's.

I ran a best of 12.75@105 weighing 7800# and the charger choked on every shift. Next time I run I'll bump the shift points up to 3800 from the current 3250 and introduce a healthy shot of nitrous oxide. I'm going to make that big bastard stay lit.

You sure you dont have a boost leak ? Or something ?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Hey now. Watch it son. You better start stepping up your game now cause if you wait till next year it'll be too late. I'm just gonna blow past ya so hard you'll never catch up! One day you're gonna wake up and there will be a package addressed to you, Dennis, Dave, and Brian. Inside will be a video of my run and a box of tissues to dry your eyes. :gun:LOL

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.