Swamps CR 7.3

phale

Reaction score
With a good tunable CR platform the 7.3 could make a lot more hp on stock parts since you can make power much higher in the rpm band. I would say that a stock long block with studs could live at 600 reliably as long as you tuned it correctly.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I will have prob 16k in a 5.9 CR engine to get around 1000hp.. I'd think a custom CR convo on a 7.3 will be alot more than 20k.. I'm with TyCorr on this

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here but why go through the trouble for only 1k hp for 30 - 50k when a 6.4 could be swapped in for a fraction of that.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Well duh, everyone knows they can do it with a tuner and a bunch of spray. Just depends how many 6.4 motors you want to go through.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Yea it could be swapped for a fraction but what About building the 6.4 to make 1k......

That's true I guess a cumminGs would be the cheapest route then.

I just don't see the sense in this. Don't get me wrong its VERY cool but its kinda like shining up a turd imo.

Again Congrats to scotty and Dave@swamps diesel for making this dream a reality.

co04cobra

Reaction score
That's true I guess a cumminGs would be the cheapest route then.

I just don't see the sense in this. Don't get me wrong its VERY cool but its kinda like shining up a turd imo.

Again Congrats to scotty and Dave@swamps diesel for making this dream a reality.

Here is a statement that is made constantly that makes no sense. You will have 30K in swapping a cummins into a ford gettting everything to work and then building it to 1K hp also.

I have no idea why anybody would spend this much money to only make 500 hp. You can do that on heui and reliably with no problems for a fraction of 20K.

There can never be a discussion about a platform making power without 50 people going "well do it this way" "get a cummins" "buy a 6.4" :morons: etc..

Instead of just focusing on what is already being discussed and worked on. I have no experience with the 7.3 Cr only just reading. It seems like a pretty awesome setup and Im sure swamps is going to contiune to perfect it even while 100 other people are trying to tell what they "should" have done.

I guess the point of my post is. If you are building for 1K hp it is not going to be a cheap or quick road. There is no easy way to do it. On ANY platform. Theres no budget kit or easy swap to get it done. You would just need to pick what you want to use and stay focused with it. Sorry for the rant.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
We went this route because it hasn't been done yet. We could've used duramax parts and been done with it a while ago but doing it using all Ford parts gives a cool factor IMO. Were not just shooting for 1k horse guys, we want to go well above that and there's no reason we can't. I know you can't really compare these two but look at Ben Millers truck (double overtime). His is built on basically a stock block and heads. The 7.3 heads out flow the 6.4 and we have more displacement than a 6.4. Did it cost a lot to get here? Yes.. Will it be well worth it when I make the first pass. Hell yes

sent from somewhere in the country

Wayne

Reaction score
I gotta admit there would be a MAJOR cool factor for anyone who has the setup described living at 1000+ HP, or for 800ish in a daily drivable configuration for that matter.

JDub

Reaction score
Congrats to all those involved... Huge undertaking and awesome to see it getting somewhere. Keep it up!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this at the track Scotty! The Swamps crew has built you a truly unique and powerful combo that will not only get you lots of attention - but hopefully wins you lots of races!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Here is a statement that is made constantly that makes no sense. You will have 30K in swapping a cummins into a ford gettting everything to work and then building it to 1K hp also.

I have no idea why anybody would spend this much money to only make 500 hp. You can do that on heui and reliably with no problems for a fraction of 20K.

There can never be a discussion about a platform making power without 50 people going "well do it this way" "get a cummins" "buy a 6.4" :morons: etc..

Instead of just focusing on what is already being discussed and worked on. I have no experience with the 7.3 Cr only just reading. It seems like a pretty awesome setup and Im sure swamps is going to contiune to perfect it even while 100 other people are trying to tell what they "should" have done.

I guess the point of my post is. If you are building for 1K hp it is not going to be a cheap or quick road. There is no easy way to do it. On ANY platform. Theres no budget kit or easy swap to get it done. You would just need to pick what you want to use and stay focused with it. Sorry for the rant.

No bad here. This is exactly the point people need to know. Shone patels truck is a 1k hp truck. Taking a decent.hit he wants 70k for it. Which is cheap considering the truck.was probably over 60 new.

If you own a 7.3 and you can afford this, its a bad mother to boot. This 1k hp is speculation. Being the displacement on the 7.3 is about 25% greater than other.diesels in this hp range, 12-1300 is probably doable if the tuning gets nailed down. Compounds.could.push it even higher.

Forget the cummins and the 6.4 its about a 7.3 with cr piezo.injection making big numbers on fuel. Probably easier to.tune than heui as theres no delays or compensation for a finnicky oil system. Gonna be nuts!

Latest posts