Swamps CR 7.3

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Hopefully Swamps wants to sell the conversion kit and markets it reasonably.

They have an insane amount of time and money in the R&D of this. Probably what they consider reasonable and what the average person will consider reasonable will be totally different.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
They have an insane amount of time and money in the R&D of this. Probably what they consider reasonable and what the average person will consider reasonable will be totally different.

Time becomes a pretty moot point once it has already been spent. If Swamps gets it dialed in to be a kit conversion (very big if, but if anyone could do it it would be them) It would probably be cost of parts/ manufaturing + 30-80% for profit. Big swing, but only time will tell.

MINK

Reaction score
Time becomes a pretty moot point once it has already been spent. If Swamps gets it dialed in to be a kit conversion (very big if, but if anyone could do it it would be them) It would probably be cost of parts/ manufaturing + 30-80% for profit. Big swing, but only time will tell.

I think common rail conversion will become much more common in the next couple years for the dinosaur.:toast:

bng305

Reaction score
Ya for all the retards.

0Z3Ow.jpg

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Great post, Your missing the boat though. I am already working on making a CRR which Common Rail Rail. Basically the more common you can make it the better. With rifled injector nozzles so the common rail gets a better spinning atomized injection.

JMart

Reaction score

It all depends on how many they want to sell. If they want all the 7.3's converted they sell it with a little profit margin and still make a lot of money. If they want this to be a rare one off type of thing then they get all their profit out of a few sales and be done with it.

That is why I said it depends on how they market it and how many they want to sell.

More than likely it is going to be a rare one off type of thing though. I am waiting for a price though before I actually commit to what I am doing with the performance side of my truck.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see, but I would think by the time you buy all the 6.4 stuff, then buy all the stuff to make it work, then put it on, etc. You see where I'm headed, I don't think there's a cheap way around it. From looking at the stuff it looks like Swamps it putting some high quality parts into this kit too.
Either way I'm just glad somebody tackled this and made it happen. I can't wait to see what this motor will do when its all said and done.

Latest posts

Members online