T500 vs stock pump test

thuglike

Reaction score
Yeah...something aint right!!

But tuner is callin' for 2400 (for whatever reason) and the pump is givin' 2400

psduser1

Reaction score
Looking at the graphs, looks like he picked up 600+/-psi, over the stock "worn" pump? Duty cycle is somewhat better in the midrange, but basically the same towards the top?

Does that mean he bought a quality reman, or am I missing something? Serious question, not trying to stir up anything.

m j

Reaction score
its hard to tell. I dont think its a reman and what was hinted above is that you get a new swash plate and your old cylinder block and pistons
so any wear is still there only with more stroke?

Water_junky

Reaction score
It is the stock Ford pump that only has 77k on it, it was sent to Terminator Engineering and the same pump was sent back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
its hard to tell. I dont think its a reman and what was hinted above is that you get a new swash plate and your old cylinder block and pistons
so any wear is still there only with more stroke?

That's what's kind of scary with pump builds being so too secret. Not knowing exactly what you are getting. I bought my Adenaline based on trouble free reputation.

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm not a pump guru....
T-500, by definition is a reman, same housing, some new parts. Not bashing, just saying.
I don't think the angle or displacement is different than stock on these pumps, just brought back to spec. :lookaround:
Waterjunky, sounds like your happy?

Water_junky

Reaction score
The truck is running good and has the power back, hopefully the mileage will come back also.

Tom S

Reaction score
It is the stock Ford pump that only has 77k on it, it was sent to Terminator Engineering and the same pump was sent back.

I cannot explain the small negative change for the idle DC % change with the T500 but it seems to me there is a positive change in the pressure output under load from the data I collected.

I would still like someday to see some flow data testing various pumps with hot motor oil at pressure.

thuglike

Reaction score
Billy,

In your hot tune...it ran right up to and was steady at 3000 psi @ 47% dc.. that was on your P.I.S 175/80's.

I wish we had more road but for the 2-3 sec it was wide open that's where it was.

Again your tunes are for an upgraded pump..I am not sure this is the case on the t500

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Billy,

In your hot tune...it ran right up to and was steady at 3000 psi @ 47% dc.. that was on your P.I.S 175/80's.

I wish we had more road but for the 2-3 sec it was wide open that's where it was.

Again your tunes are for an upgraded pump..I am not sure this is the case on the t500

Any idea what pw was for this run?

mandkole

Reaction score
Billy,

To me, this is pretty typical of good pump data when matched with aggressive tuning. It seems that less dwell time is what supports strong pump performance results. My bone stock 17* with 250/100s runs to a commanded 3200 in the max effort file and eventually ends up at about 3050 over the same pull. PW was not any higher than about 3ms and I doubt that the injector is emptied. My TE modified 17* in the OBS w/ ACs ran to a commanded 3K but fell back to 2900 but the PW was closer to 4-4.5ms.

I said 'data' earlier because I'd still like to see correlation to a standard pump flow/pressure output test (just like injectors). Im sure that International and Bosch did this and it will help take the mystery out of pump discussion. We would then be able to more closely predict a pump's performance in a well sealed system. I would like to know, is my 17* a freak or is it just a solid pump in a supportive system?

(To chime in, a commanded 2400 at WOT for ADs makes no sense but that is for another discussion. )

Latest posts

Members online