Taking off Plasti Dip?

lightning95

Reaction score
I have chrome wheels and was thinking about doing Plasti Dip on them for the winter. I am trying to protect them from pitting from our oversalted Midwest roads. I was thinking spray them for winter and clean them off in spring to save the wheels. Every set of chrome wheels I've owned are usually messed up after the snow season.
How hard is it to remove Dip? Powerwasher?

Koda22

Reaction score
Most of the time a power washer isn't gonna do it....well at least until you get it started.....but nothing really to it....peel an edge and then just pull it off......pretty simple

NY_Mott

Reaction score
^^ Agreed.
I have not done my wheels yet, but have done the grill and side vents.
With that said it comes off really easy once started, just apply firm pressure and rub it off. :lookaround:
I messed up my grill the first time got frustrated and started rubbing it off, was ready for a new coat in like 10 mins, hardest part is getting in the tiny spots to peal it off, I found a plastic pick or credit card works well.
Hope this helps.

BruteForce

Reaction score
Wheels can be tricky especially if there is any pitting on them already. The parts that don't peel off spray with goo gone, let it soak, pressure wash it off.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Whs^. I had the wheels done on my charger and I just used goo be gone ultra strength or something then power washed it. I had like 6 coats though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416058611.658031.jpg

truckman1974

Reaction score
Have any of you ever plasti-dipped/coated any interior parts? Seems like those would be pretty protected and last a really long time since they're inside. I have no idea what I'd want to coat....just thinking out loud...lol

purpleheart350

Reaction score
My motorcycle is Platidipped and everyone in a while gas splashes out of the gas tank when I fill up. Well that's how I learned that gas will strip it right off with out putting up a fight.

lightning95

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Wheels are in perfect shape no pitting. I'm gonna dip them this weekend tried to last weekend but it snowed all weekend.

lightning95

Reaction score
How did the wheels come out? Is that plasti dip stinky when spraying?

They turned out pretty good even with it being windy. The dip really doesn't stink. Nothing like paint.
I'm gonna shoot them white before I peel them just to see how it looks.
Lowes has a bunch of different colors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 116

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
They turned out pretty good even with it being windy. The dip really doesn't stink. Nothing like paint.
I'm gonna shoot them white before I peel them just to see how it looks.
Lowes has a bunch of different colors.

Wow looks good duder. Been thinking about doing this to protect my polished wheels from the road salt.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Been thinking about either plasti dipping my polished wheels to protect them over the winter, or trying out "Amorall wheel protectant". I guess I just haven't heard enough about the armorall product to want to try it out yet.

Armorall Wheel Protectant

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.