Taking off Plasti Dip?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Been thinking about either plasti dipping my polished wheels to protect them over the winter, or trying out "Amorall wheel protectant". I guess I just haven't heard enough about the armorall product to want to try it out yet.

Armorall Wheel Protectant

I've tried that stuff. It does help some, and the videos really are pretty accurate. The problem I had was the wheels need to be 100% clean before doing it. I mean scrubbed with soap while you're washing it and then cleaned with windex or something along those lines after to get them spotless. Otherwise it leaves a rainbow like finish for some reason. I also don't know how long it would last if they're being subjected to winter road crap.

Plasti dip would be a one time thing and you peel it after winter and have new wheels.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I've tried that stuff. It does help some, and the videos really are pretty accurate. The problem I had was the wheels need to be 100% clean before doing it. I mean scrubbed with soap while you're washing it and then cleaned with windex or something along those lines after to get them spotless. Otherwise it leaves a rainbow like finish for some reason. I also don't know how long it would last if they're being subjected to winter road crap.

Plasti dip would be a one time thing and you peel it after winter and have new wheels.

Good to know, might just have to give the plasti dip a try myself.

lightning95

Reaction score
I had a friend that put bearing grease on his Cheap steel chrome wagon spokes that were on his OBS 250. Still rusted but probably not as bad as doing nothing.
I'll report back in spring on any damage. The 250 isn't a daily but if it snows 6"s I'm not gonna sit at home.

DWhite

Reaction score
I have used plasti-dip a lot on badges and my wheels during winter.
I always thought it works pretty good and I've used high power car washes on it and it never really peeled it off. I had good luck using it.

RyanD

Reaction score
I had a Jeep Commander before my 250, and I used it on all the chrome accents. I even pulled my spare tire, cleaned up the wheel and sprayed it to protect it under the vehicle. When I traded it in, everything pulled right off, no problem. Once you get an edge peeled, it's super easy. Dealer said he never saw a spare wheel in such good shape. Ha.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.