TC-W3 2 Stroke Oil Mix W/ Fuel Additives?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So I see on the bookface "6.7 pages" the big thing is TC-W3 2 stroke and opti-lube mix etc etc.

Any benefits with running TC-W3 in the fuel with a additive?

I know our diesel down here sucks has low cetane and some times its quite "watery" so anything I can do to help it would be great.

is it safe? and if so what's the mix ratio?

I know the dmax guys been doing this for years, but that's a dmax LOL.

TIA.

mike diesel

Reaction score
I'm a dmax guy and I got a few bottles of optilube for free. So i went and got some tcw3 and mixed 8oz to 8oz and was running the 16oz mix per 26 gallon tank of fuel. Well after 2 tanks of this, it started throwing a "fuel pressure regulator performance" DTC. With the code present, there was a random and slight "bump" every so often at idle. Went back to running straight diesel and the code went away on its own after 1 tank.

Went about 3 months on straight diesel. Started using regular gray bottle diesel kleen last 2 tanks. No issues since ditching the opti/tcw3 mix.

T_W6.7

Reaction score
2 stroke oil is OK for pre common rail injection systems, it works very well in VP44 injected cummins engines and I'd assume P7100 pumps as well. I would be very reluctant to try it in any common rail systems, I've had a few friends try it in their 6.4's with poor results, IDS showed a couple injectors out of whack shortly after using it, burned through the tank as quick as possible, been diesel and stanadyne ever since with no problems. I used it in my old 06 5.9 cummins and noticed a lot more knock when the injectors were firing, stopped using it and that went away. I have a 98 24 valve cummins with the VP44 and it seems to quiet the injection system down and get marginally better economy.
I would stick with a quality additive such as stanadyne, schaeffers soy shield, or optilube xpd by itself in a common rail injected pickup

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
2 stroke oil is OK for pre common rail injection systems, it works very well in VP44 injected cummins engines and I'd assume P7100 pumps as well. I would be very reluctant to try it in any common rail systems, I've had a few friends try it in their 6.4's with poor results, IDS showed a couple injectors out of whack shortly after using it, burned through the tank as quick as possible, been diesel and stanadyne ever since with no problems. I used it in my old 06 5.9 cummins and noticed a lot more knock when the injectors were firing, stopped using it and that went away. I have a 98 24 valve cummins with the VP44 and it seems to quiet the injection system down and get marginally better economy.
I would stick with a quality additive such as stanadyne, schaeffers soy shield, or optilube xpd by itself in a common rail injected pickup

interesting, would love to hear what others think/saw.

That's the big "thing" on that page. "use TC-W3 with optilube blah blah blah" yada yada yada LOL.

Just wanted to get some input, I use howes or racor and have no problems.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
in a 7.3 the 2 stroke oil seamed ok. full torque from jimdawg is some badass chit in a 6.7

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I know tc3 in my 6.7 caused the truck to drop 3mpg and make it run weird. I'll never run it again took 2 bottles of ford fuel additive to straighten my truck out.

Latest posts

Members online