The Militant 6.0

zshier17

Reaction score
If you cerakote it properly, you shouldn't have to worry about scratches or anything. a couple of my buddies build pistols, and i build ar-15's and they use it all the time and love it. Figured if it can withstand a gun, it should withstand anything a truck can throw at it.

militant83

Reaction score
Looking good! Now we just have to take care of that radiator. :) Thanks for the good words and your business, it's appreciated.

Peter

In time, I've got some other things on the list before that..haha

If you cerakote it properly, you shouldn't have to worry about scratches or anything. a couple of my buddies build pistols, and i build ar-15's and they use it all the time and love it. Figured if it can withstand a gun, it should withstand anything a truck can throw at it.

Yeah I'm a gun guy too..Although I've seen cerakote used many times I've never been able to see it in person. But I know guys can be rough on their guns and they hold up. Something id probably do on my own. It doesn't seem that hard to apply.

zshier17

Reaction score
theres always good info on AR15.com. Thats where i got most of my info. You want a new turbo go to PSA, you want a new gun, go to ARFCOM lol. The only thing i would look into is how the Cerakote effects heat distribution. From what i remember its supposed to help, that being said it is another layer of material. Just something to think about.

militant83

Reaction score
theres always good info on AR15.com. Thats where i got most of my info. You want a new turbo go to PSA, you want a new gun, go to ARFCOM lol. The only thing i would look into is how the Cerakote effects heat distribution. From what i remember its supposed to help, that being said it is another layer of material. Just something to think about.

Yeah I have a forum for all of my hobbies, But I've looked into it, the colors would be limited in the High Temp Cerakote. But they also make one that comes in Gray that is for engine applications that is a heat dissipating coating. which is what I will probably go with if I did it. I don't really care if I cant get a certain color or I might just leave it as is since it looks good on its own.

militant83

Reaction score
Finally picked up some of these for the truck. Cant wait for the weather to break so I can get them and the wheels on the truck.

IMG_0239_zpsdntqdz5v.png

Mink and the boys over at Toops Performance have had the truck for the past few days giving the trans some love. Billet input shaft, Billet Low Reverse Hub, Suncoast Clutches, BD deep pan, DPC Triple Disc converter.

IMG_0245_zpspqbryjf2.png

IMG_0244_zpsnmwcy3su.png

IMG_0243_zpsfdor6ivw.png

IMG_0242_zpsn5zfyc8w.png

IMG_0241_zpsybavkcks.png

militant83

Reaction score
All kinds of goodies going on the truck!

Oh you don't even know Just as I break the bank with the tranny this happens.:biggun: So guess what is going in next.. I will be done for the year now..haha the wife might kill me in my sleep if I buy anymore parts.

IMG_0254_zps5uu8kplt.png

IMG_0253_zpsbx2oukxp.png

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
Oh you don't even know Just as I break the bank with the tranny this happens.:biggun: So guess what is going in next.. I will be done for the year now..haha the wife might kill me in my sleep if I buy anymore parts.

IMG_0254_zps5uu8kplt.png

IMG_0253_zpsbx2oukxp.png

Is that a stock turbo? Looks like the shaft broke?

zshier17

Reaction score
I almost told my wife about this, then i decided that was a really dumb idea lol. Haha, i don't want her knowing stuff like this is even possible.

That sucks though man, time to go bigger though

militant83

Reaction score
I almost told my wife about this, then i decided that was a really dumb idea lol. Haha, i don't want her knowing stuff like this is even possible.

That sucks though man, time to go bigger though

Yes Sir, got a RCD 68mm that will be on the way shortly.. although the wife isn't too happy right now this kind of worked out in my favor. I wasn't going to be able to get a turbo upgrade anytime soon until this one became a grenade.

Adam A.

Reaction score
Are you sticking with the 155's for the 68mm? I'm not sure they'll be enough for that turbo. I'm by no means an expert though, just asking.

JGman141

Reaction score
Having the tuning adjusted for that turbo should solve any issues he runs into

MINK

Reaction score
155s will be okay, truck runs awesome...but the turbo hated life clearly - I think the 68mm and new tuning will rock out!

zshier17

Reaction score
Now i wanna grenade my turbo so i can get one lol.. Turbos for everyone!!

That will be a sweet set up though