The Perfect 99-04 Suspension

TyCorr

Reaction score
I feel you there man. Doing PMF dual stabilizer, traction bars, balljoints and soon a redhead box in my 04.

We took a redhead box apart and I wont be buying one. Theres no magic in there. An extra bushing and they tighten **** up a bit better.

Ive been chasing frontend issues for two years. It had "wildcat" bearings and bj's. They were sold by rough country i think but manufactured by timken. They were tough as nails! I had those for 7 years. Then i lost the lower right bj and ive been throwing parts at it since. We even bought a 600$ "problem solver" kit from moog two years ago. It was good for two weeks and then the steering got sloppy. The moog bj are so tight the steering wheel wont recenter. Even cruising the highway you have to bounce off one side or the other. Its like sloppy steering but the opposite.

Ordered two xrf kits wednesday. One for me and one for my buddy who farms as his 03 is banging too.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
What vintage was the box you took apart? The one for my 2010 had needle bearings instead of a bushing fwiw...

Jomax

Reaction score
Redhead stated they use ball bearings or needle? Vs. bushing.

To add to the conversation. Installed a redhead in my old 7.3 right before I sold it. Box is super sloppy, called redhead and they shipped one out no questions. It has a 2005 box (2005 axle conversion)

I've installed 4, and this is the first time this has happened. My old dually has 100k miles on the redhead and it's still tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online