Think I can hone this out...lol

78f100

Reaction score
Tore this 6.4 down today. I never seen one cut the cyl wall like this. Looks like a plasma cutter got it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232

webb06

Reaction score
ive got pics of a 6.4 that had a wrist pin clip come out and the wrist pin at 2 grooves in the cylinder wall

78f100

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what happened but I suspect a bad injector did it. He brought it to me a few months ago smoking white, I diagnosed it as a bad injector at the time. He came and picked it up before we really had a chance to dig into it and was going to bring it back when we could get to it. A few weeks ago it blew the gp harness out, we were swamped so he took it to ford. They said it was a bad injector and rocker arms, and tore it down to replace them. He called me told me what was going on and decided to have me repair it. When I got it they already had a new injector and rockers ready to install, so I never saw the old ones. I can't believe they were putting a new injector and rockers in a motor with a obvious compression loss and enough blow by the harness wouldn't stay in.

Latest posts

Members online