• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Thinking about selling my 01 built rclb as a raffle

spongebob915

Reaction score
Any way you could structure the raffle so that anything above $xx,xxx (what you have into the truck) is donated to charity? Would this classify it as a non-profit? No need to cap ticket sales at 250 if it was done this way, the more the merrier.
IMO the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation would be a worthy recipient in remembrance of Morgan Wildman.

Just a thought after a couple of brews. Not sure on the practicality of it all.

I just left him a message to see if this is something he would be interested in doing . Maybe give him the truck people give $100 donations . At the end when enough money is raised . The truck will be giving away and the rest of the money above what I need I would give to his foundation. Just waiting to here back from him..

zilla68

Reaction score
I was part of an online raffle. It was for a lt250 hybrid with the lt500 motor. Tickets were 100.00 each and he sold 65 tickets I think it was. when he met the total he needed shipping was included anywhere in the lower 48.

Here is where the issues started.
Motor was said to be swapped out, engine let go the first weekend out.

Now, if I was going to do one, I'd turn it over to an attorney, let them video the truck in running condition, and THEY keep it in their possession until drawing, so that way there is no issues that something happened while you were selling tickets.
I'd give a DETAILED run down of every part of the truck, what works what doesn't, tons of pictures,etc.
You will need disclaimers, something like if your buying a ticket, you accept it as is and there is no warranty etc. the attorney should be able to draw this up.
Have the drawing video'd and post on you tube at a certain time so everyone can see it go down.
There are lots of other ideas or issues, but any good lawyer should be able to help you out.

What if you don't sell enough tickets? how do you refund back?
The one I was in on was postal money orders ONLY, and he issued a number based on order of him receiving them, and then drew numbers when it was time.

I'd probably suggest postal money orders and just put them all in a box, and draw the money order, that way if there isn't enough sold, you can just mail them back to the owners since it will have all their info on it I believe.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
An aside to the money order bit..I got burned on one several years back, and it would be something to look into. My license had turned up suspended in New Mexico for a window tint ticket I had when I lived there. I had paid the ticket, but with my job needed to get my license cleared, so I went and got another money order for $350.00 to send to them to clear it, as I didn't have time to argue trying to prove I had paid it. After gtting the money order in my hand, I was on the phone with the court to figure out where to send it, and how fast we could clear it up...the lady told me it was paid in 2003, and for some reason was never cleared (thanks NMDOT), and that she would clear it, and fax me proof of it. Well, I took my money order back...same day, same clerk working...and they would not cash it for me, to give me my money back. Said once it was issued to somebody, they coukdn't cancel or cash it. So, after getting this verified, I just sent them damn thing to NM, and put "credit" in the memo, hoping next ticket I got there, they'd just put it on my "tab" lol.

SINNER

Reaction score
Not going to happen. It's hard to do even if you are non-profit in Maryland. The hardest part is finding a company to verify the drawing. You need it to be witnessed and have a lawyer retained in case someone challenges the drawing's validity. A local car club tried to auction off a donated car and the legal fees and insurance looked to be about 25% of the total predicted gross of the auction. It also seems easy to sell 250-300 tickets but actually collecting the cash is often very different. That becomes a problem because you have to state a drawing date and even if you only collect $5,000 you raffle that truck off.

zilla68

Reaction score
An aside to the money order bit..I got burned on one several years back, and it would be something to look into. My license had turned up suspended in New Mexico for a window tint ticket I had when I lived there. I had paid the ticket, but with my job needed to get my license cleared, so I went and got another money order for $350.00 to send to them to clear it, as I didn't have time to argue trying to prove I had paid it. After gtting the money order in my hand, I was on the phone with the court to figure out where to send it, and how fast we could clear it up...the lady told me it was paid in 2003, and for some reason was never cleared (thanks NMDOT), and that she would clear it, and fax me proof of it. Well, I took my money order back...same day, same clerk working...and they would not cash it for me, to give me my money back. Said once it was issued to somebody, they coukdn't cancel or cash it. So, after getting this verified, I just sent them damn thing to NM, and put "credit" in the memo, hoping next ticket I got there, they'd just put it on my "tab" lol.

why not just deposit it in the bank account then?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.