Thought on best lift kit

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I've got probably 1/2 that in mine,with alot of research & shopping around,maybe even less,all brand new.I got the rims /tires for $3,030 mounted,balanced shipped to door,lift for under $600(on sale+rebate ),dual fox ss for $385,fox 2.0's for $415(20% off ) & the alignment etc.

That will never ride anywhere near as well as a Carli kit

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Fox shocks came in today,haven't got the proper size wrench to put the fronts on right now,will have to pick some up or go to the shop.I did however get the back ones on which were the ones over extended & needing swapped the most anyway as the fronts have an extension to make up for the lift & the rears do not.
Ok long story short,massive improvement no,big improvement yes,it rides better & looks way better then factory as a whole & i'm really looking forward to getting the fronts on.I will tell ya they just get better & better as the miles roll & they're stiff as chit wasnt easy pushing it into position with one hand while putting the bolt in with the other,so you will be well served to compress them to size & bind with wire or device of your choice.

DZL HOG

Reaction score
So with a lot of people telling me to look into the Carli lifts, I am now thinking about the Carli backcountry 4.5 lift with fox 2.0 pin top shocks. If I run 20's wrapped with 37" tires do I need to change any gearing?

Clomax

Reaction score
Carli Hands Down!

This Truck Rides Great!!!!

4.5" Pintop, High Mount Stabilizer, Carli LT Airbags, 18x9" Centerline's w/5.25 BS, 37x13.5" Toyo MT

Attachments

• 4.5w37x13.5.jpg
    4.5w37x13.5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My truck looks basically like a rclb version of clomaxs' every bit as nice,but it's your $,i've used the $ saved for alot more mods ��i'm sure you will be happy either way,good luck.

Jomax

Reaction score
So with a lot of people telling me to look into the Carli lifts, I am now thinking about the Carli backcountry 4.5 lift with fox 2.0 pin top shocks. If I run 20's wrapped with 37" tires do I need to change any gearing?

In running 3.55 with 37s. To me it's perfect

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Carli hands down. The r&d that has gone into their kits along with the torture testing is second to NONE on the market.

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
i wish carli made springs for a 6" lift i would swap mine out for theirs, though about running a 2" leveling kit and their 4.5" springs. also im gonna be ditching my blocks in the back for some pmf traction blocks here soon

Jomax

Reaction score
i wish carli made springs for a 6" lift i would swap mine out for theirs, though about running a 2" leveling kit and their 4.5" springs. also im gonna be ditching my blocks in the back for some pmf traction blocks here soon

You can fit 37s under their 4.5in lift. Why would you want more? Add long travel airbags in the back with their Deaver springs. And you have one SLICK setup..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Clomax

Reaction score
Honestly,

You get what you pay for.

If you go cheap and don't like it, you'll beat yourself up over it.

If you're going to spend 60+k on a truck, why buy cheap modifications?

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
:whs:
I have a pro comp stage 2 (laugh) 6" on mine, comes with their shocks and all, seal in front passenger side blew almost brand new, and the ride is like a wagon. I'll be looking soon into a Carli.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Another vote for Carli. I have their 4.5" pinto sitting in the back of my truck right now going to be installed either this week or next (most likely next week).

DZL HOG

Reaction score
I made up my mind I'm going with the Carli backcountry 4.5 lift with fox 2.0 pin top shocks. Now just need to decide what tire and rim setup.

Clomax

Reaction score
I made up my mind I'm going with the Carli backcountry 4.5 lift with fox 2.0 pin top shocks. Now just need to decide what tire and rim setup.

Look in Here!

Carli's Reps are in this thread all over!

OCveloman (DAN) is a wealth of information.

I'm one of the few to have Carli actually do my lift. They made a promo video with my truck, but it would not let me post it here.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/suspension-steering/242581-carli-suspension-official-thread.html

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Can't say enough good things about Carli and their customer service. Not one kit I've installed has given myself or my customers anything less than total satisfaction.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.