thoughts on cold air intake

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Absolute....that sounds like a decent price. Do you have a website or some way to look at some pics and pricing? Looking at Intake, EGR Block offs, exhaust tip, etc...

Thanks!!

Yup. It's absolute....ly incomplete lol but you can follow the link and it'll take you to our FB page where lots of the stuff we do and make is posted. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm just not awesome with making web pages lol.

www.absoluteperformanceco.com

I make all that stuff for 11-14's and 15's though, wouldn't be a problem to get you taken care of.

I'll shoot you a pm with my contact info. Would be glad to help

Thanks for the words fellas!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh so Absolute is the same intake as No Limit?

nope, not at all. the no limit has a bigger tube , support brace, and a bigger filter ( AFE filter available in dry , oiled, or pro guard 7 ) with free pre filter.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
No, they each make their own.
As much as I like both I don't want to deal with the noise so I'll be using the S&B with the lid. I've heard enough turbo whine to last me a lifetime. LOL

The turbo isn't any louder after my No Limit install. I was pleasantly surprised.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The turbo isn't any louder after my No Limit install. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have been hearing the same thing. even after I told customers it may get louder . these trucks are so well insulated though.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Is there really THAT much of a gain if you go from a S&B (with or without lid) to a No Limit or Absolute intake?

At what point does upgrading beyond the S&B become necessary?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Deleted/tuned truck or more extensive mods? I can't see using anything but Mike's intake if a turbo swap is involved....at some point it just becomes a no brainer to go big.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Rich, i picked up 23rwhp with emissons on a 80hp tune. No other mods. The AFE system was 8hp on the same tune. Stock, was 3-4hp with my intake and 1hp with the AFE system.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I don't doubt y'alls stuff works great. Like I mentioned...noise is my concern. I'll wind up with way more in audio than motor mods....likely well into 5 figures again. I don't want any intake or exhaust noise. I'm already planning to use a 30" FTE resonator and Hushpower muffler again....that was the quietest combo I found on the Fummins.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I don't think you're going to need that much muffler on your new truck, Rich. These things have amazing insulation from the factory. My garage door is loud as hell and I can barely hear it inside my truck while it's shutting, and that's engine off.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Feel ya 100%. One of the reasons I haven't deleted mine is enjoying how quiet it is lol.

You will get noise with my intake kit. The charger was much more noticeable audibly, even with a fully sound deadened cab. Crazy how well the plastic charge piping on the factory and aftermarket systems, cut resonance down to near mute levels.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to need that much muffler on your new truck, Rich. These things have amazing insulation from the factory. My garage door is loud as hell and I can barely hear it inside my truck while it's shutting, and that's engine off.

I was surprised how quiet they are factory for sure. Once I had sound deadener put in, it was even better. I actually don't mind listening to my intake and 64mm charger though lol. You'll see

lobe50

Reaction score
ncollins ....Thanks for mentioning Absolute Performance, I spoke to Steve for awhile this evening. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable, took the time to actually listen to and answer all my questions. More people should know about his products....

Latest posts

Members online